Rogue companion?

Gr8Scott

Advantages and disadvantages to Gris or Hirge as Rogue companion?
Obviously, Gris more damage, Hirge with healing. What other intricacies play out as the game progresses?
It seems like either should be Tank build for ranged rogue. Maybe tank for melee also?

Also, I'm not sure if I can handle a pure ranged rogue. What skills work best for a hybrid rogue?

Recommendations for next areas? Lvl 9 and am lacking quests/ direction in Garand waiting for Dumbledor's research on the girl and my father to give me a new direction. He gave pointed me to the Wyvern Mountains for the Forsaken/find the girl, but I've had no luck with any clues. I checked Wiki when I became frustrated and It didn't show anything in this area regarding this quest either. Also enemies there are a bit tough.
Any areas to recommend gold mining looks helpful as advanced skills open up.

Thanks all. I'm having a blast playing the early game in all classes and trying out all the skills. I did buy the PC/Steam version. I like the direction control and eventually will get a skill config I like. Trying ASDF for now.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Griss, probably. She is the meat-shield and then you can sneak around behind stuff to backstab or you can archer in. If for some silly reason you've decided to play full-frontal light warrior then Hirge with Heal as her active skill.

Molokot

Regardlkess of what class you are playing Grisenda is best companion, only question is if you want her at 2h or shield spec. But as for new player i recomend to stick to 2h Grisenda, because she is then easier to handle.
Rogue is most dificult character to play due to load of active skils this guy has to use, and in exchange offers some amusement for people who allready finished game with other characters. Just stick to priest and finish the game, then try other guys, it will be much easier.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I warn you, looking for the Forsaken never ends well... You should quit while you're still alive. But if you have a death wish...

Visit the town of Solliga, and ask around. You'll find a lead.

PS: Wyvern Mountains are an ideal hunting ground for white wolves. Careful, they will hunt you down like a baby deer. But if you manage to hunt them, it will earn you A LOT of XP, and their white furs can be sold for 150 gold each to Varannari Hunters. (Look for them on the roads, they travel a lot.)

Last edited:

Lamar

I've hit some slow points while playing as well. Jerem-D created a nice web app to track your progress and I found it helpful finding where to go. Here's the his post in the forums.

The quests page has the ability to sort by recommended level.

Gr8Scott

The quests page has the ability to sort by recommended level.
Wow. This is awesome as you can sort it by lvl like a spread sheet.
Thanks so much. There's a ton of active help in the community after the game has been out a few years. That's a real tribute to the game to have such a devoted active fan base. Glad I stuck with it after early frustrations on the free app.

Lamar: any other cool tools you have found that might be useful?
Post automatically merged:    

I warn you, looking for the Forsaken never ends well... You should quit while you're still alive. But if you have a death wish...

Visit the town of Solliga, and ask around. You'll find a lead.
HAHAHA! I think your first line should have been the "spoiler." I never would have guessed after being randomly stabbed in the gut. I do appreciate the help. Why does Dumbledore need 10 firesalts to send me on a wild goose chase. No geese though, just a man and his pig. I hated sticking my snout in that one, but XP is XP, right?

Lamar

There are a lot of walkthroughs on YouTube, but I've only watched a few. The wiki and forums are great. The EK Companion is the only thing I've seen like it and it's been very helpful. Jerem-D scrapes the wiki for the app data, but he does a great job of organizing it.