Sharing game saves?

Platform
Android

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Would it be allowed to share game saves between players on the forum?

If no: *surprised pikachu face*
If yes: how should we do it?

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's not forbidden at all, I also got some from player here to solve their problems. Best one was someone who got stucked in SoH, took me over 1 week to solve that (he was in underlevels with nothing) but I made it 😎

About how, its up to you, I recommend to do it with DM (direct message) and exchange emails or send a Google drive link to the save file you uploaded.

Please don't just publish it here in forum, it's not forbidden but would make lot of work for mods to check it if it's hacked or not and so on. Just exchange it in private, that's the best.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just to add, any cloud storage will do just nicely, if it has option to share files through direct links. Dropbox, Google Drive... there are millions of them on the net.

Also, if there would be people interested, you can create thread for file exchange, so interested people can participate in exchange.

From my perspective, it would be good for some to see exactly how some characters work in practice.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I'm on Android.
Will my saves be compatible with people who play on other platforms? Or just Android?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I'm on Android.
Will my saves be compatible with people who play on other platforms? Or just Android?

Saves are cross platform but you can't load a save from a version head of you, so us on 1.3 can share between Android and Steam but the iOS crowd will be left out as they're on 1.2, but we can load their saves.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Ok.
My game state is ready to be shared.
It's a pretty all-green Varannari Druid starting the game in the Elder Forest with his animal friends :)
Now...
Where is the save file? Loll

I tried the export button, it created a .bak, but I have no idea what that is loll. I just want to share one specific save file. How / what / where / who am I?

Lamar

Saves are cross platform but you can't load a save from a version head of you, so us on 1.3 can share between Android and Steam but the iOS crowd will be left out as they're on 1.2, but we can load their saves.
This is a awesome for iOS people who have a great character but are stuck at 1.2. If they purchase the android or steam version they can import their save and play version 1.3.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Sadly, iOS people in this case then have to stay on this other platform (PC or Android), as at the moment they can't get back to iOS.