Rogue Advanced Skills Questions

ajay

So, I need some wisdom, input and perspective.

Aside from the major melee advanced skills; Assasinate, Flurry, Precise Strikes, Massive Criticals and Body Development, which would you learn and why. I have three slots left. I am leaning towards resistances because they are like wearing extra gear and cheap. I don't think I need magical training as I am past endgame with the exception of completing Ark and Kalagru. I have Sewer of Horrors on farm and plan to grind there for fun and really pushing past level 25. Thanks for all discussion to come.
Post automatically merged:    

Forgot to clarify, I am thinking of including Poison Master for RP and resistances.

Neponde

If you are planning on an aggressive ending, spirit ward would serve you well.

ajay

I am going to kill the parasite, but finish with the peaceful ending. I am really thinking Poison Master, Fire Ward and Shock Ward. 3 decent resistances and the bonus to poison damage. I am unsure of the utility of PM, though. A mostly current pic of my char sheet with my mental stats high for the last part of the Ark quest.

Atomos

If your rogue is the stabby type, consider Bloodlust. Once you put down your first target, it will trigger and boost your group handling ability, that rogues aren't the best at.

VDX_360

Staff member
Bloodlust is a nice late game skill for any solid build. Not game breaking but gives a nice little boost.

If you're a rouge that likes poison (and why wouldn't you?), poison master gives that extra little damage. It's really useful for anythign weak to poison, and useless against anything immune to poison.

Body Development might be the best overall skill to add. With late game levels and high STR and END, it gives an insane amount of HP.

Precision Strikes can be a godsend if you get lucky. Late game criticals can be really nifty, esp if you get it with a flank or stab.

Magical Training is not useless.... but it requires a plan to get a use out of it. The best reason for Magical Training is Circles of Restoration, followed by some summons. With the addition of the iron golem summoning potion, Magical Training might suffer as a summon option. But there's only one of those in the game.... so debate.

ajay

Bloodlust is okay. Get for stacks of trash but not bosses. It's not to hard to farm and keep it up. I have it on my other rogue.

Poison Master is intriguing. I should try it out. I don't think I don't think I will get much run out of Magical training. Hirge doesn't die often and my rogue dies even less.

Body Development and Precision Strikes are 2 of the 5 required advanced skills for a melee rogue. See one of my hardest hits at lvl 24 below.

DaleTilgo2022

In my first game as a warrior I went overboard with resistances and learned my lesson. In my second game I'm playing an AGL melee rogue. The two resistances I always want are poison and spirit. Poison resistance is nice if you're in a toxic environment or dealing with anything that has toxic aura. Spirit resistance is nice for countering anything that can paralyze you.

Invector

Speaking of Bloodlust, I have a question about it. The wiki doesn't say anything about a cool down. It just says that it lasts 6 seconds. Does that mean that it resets and is ready to go again once 6 seconds has expired?

Invector

If you're a rouge that likes poison (and why wouldn't you?), poison master gives that extra little damage. It's really useful for anythign weak to poison, and useless against anything immune to poison.
That's the problem with poison---there are very few things in the game that are weak to it. Mirmeks and Earth Elementals is about all I can think of. And since Mirmeks aren't difficult to kill, and Earth Elementals are few and far between, there just doesn't seem to be much use for it. And when you consider the fact that there are a LOT of enemies that have significant resistance to it, spending 6 skill points feels like a waste.