Ironman Enthusiasts?

Goldmourn

Hey guys, I'm going to be documenting my first full Ironman account progression as of today. If you're wanting to or currently doing the same, comment your build -- any tips or recommendations are appreciated.

Traits
STR 1
END 2+1 (3)
AGI 3+1 (4)
INT 0
AWA 0
PER 3

Skills
Heal Wounds 2, Arbenos' Might 2, Intervention 3, Holy Shield 1, Sacred Fire 1, Nivaria's Barrier 1, Thelume's Wisdom 1

Equipment
Thunder (Main Hand)
Lesser Shield of Life (Off-Hand)
Blessed Chain Coif (Head)
Journeyman Tunic (Body)
Blessed Chain Gauntlets (Hands) Journeyman Pants (Legs)
Blessed Chain Boots (Feet)
Blessed Belt of Agility (Belt)
Nivarian Cloak (Back)
Blessed Necklace (Neck)
Oasis Ring (Ring 1)
Mystic Ring (Ring 2)

Stats
DPS: 14.8 (24.3 with Might)
Armor: 13
Health: 141
Mana: 90
Resistances: +10 Fire, +0 Cold, +5 Shock, +51 Death, +40 Poison, +6 Spirit

Notes
With around 30 Lesser Potions of Mana saved up, I'm able to pretty much outheal just about any early-mid game fight. At +20 mp a pop, with Intervention 3 I'm able to heal a whopping 160 hp every proc -- 70 more than a Potion of Greater Healing. Intervention op, Immortal Cleric for the win.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
AGL builds do okay for Clerics for the early-to-mid game. However, STR builds will start to outperform AGL builds. STR builds get more HP (esp with Body Development), do more damage per hit (which helps with late game high armor opponents) and can more easily swap between 1-H and 2-H weapons for when you want to maximize attack.

Might does really well for AGL builds, but the fire damage aspect loses some of it's effectiveness against some end-game monsters and bosses that have high element resistances.

Having AGL at 3 helps. You can get a +1 AGL gear in the early to mid-game. Plus, late game you can get a +3 AGL equipment item.

One of the challenges with the Immortal Build is that if you play it as a pure immortal build, you will have little mana left over for spells such as Battle Prayer, etc.

If you really want to keep Agility weapons, than you might want to raise STR to 2 to get that Light weapon attack bonus.

You'll find better equipment as you play the game, so don't worry about gear yet.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Bear in mind if you're friendly with The Grey Library you can buy standard potions of Mana from them (Trader Otarab), and you can get friendly relatively early.

I think the only other non-Wizard purchase option is lesser Mana and only once you've done Hirge's quest.

Lamar

I think the only other non-Wizard purchase option is lesser Mana and only once you've done Hirge's quest.
Don't forget Deepfrost Cognac - Exiled Kingdoms Wiki

@Goldmourn
I'm playing an agi cleric as well (not ironman). Nice job getting Thunder. I've got the Sacrificial Dagger (fast when might is active) and the Crushing Ember (slow when waiting for might). Who dropped Thunder?

Last edited: