Poison Master on already poisonous weapon?

Nivarian99

Hi everyone,

Quick question on poison master skill for rogue archer: would it only affect the poison applied to a bow? Or would it passively affect say a poisonous bow/dagger? Eg Poisonous longbow, or Troll Cleaver which already have a poison attribute?

Kakost

It adds extra poison damage on top of any extra damage provided to the weapon.

In other words yes, it adds extra poison damage to weapons that already have poison damage

Kakost

@Kakost Mate, thanks for that, but then some pointed me to this wiki page which says otherwise?

It adds an extra temporary poison damage to weapons, what the text says is that it doesnt change the PERMANENT poison damage of weapons.

Ex: Fork of small poison, 1-1 +1 poison.

The venom you'll pour on it will give +5 poison for a few blows, to a total of +6 poison.

That +6 poison however is temporary, going back to just +1.

That's what the text tried to say

Lamar

Wiki updated, let me know if it's clear enough now.
What did you change? "This page was last edited on 23 May 2018 ..."

The description of the venoms are confusing "coat your blade". As such I've never tried it on my bow until now. Sigh

Oh geeze, and the venoms work on the rogue's hammer as well.

Last edited:

Nivarian99

Lol, yes, couldn't see what the changes were, exactly.

The venom you'll pour on it will give +5 poison for a few blows, to a total of +6 poison.

Yeah, that's what I thought, I guess I had hoped for a permanent increase to the poison dmg! too much wishful thinking, eh?

Kakost

Yeah, that's what I thought, I guess I had hoped for a permanent increase to the poison dmg! too much wishful thinking, eh?
That would be a bit excessive. Rogues already deal massive damage and their ability to use poisons is already very powerful, if they would confer a permanent poison damage on top of that, they would become too overpowered.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.

You might have been logged out. Please verify that you're still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.

I've had this before on the Wiki, I don't know what was done to fix it, I even tried to log out:

Log out​

Log out failed due to session error. Please try again.

Heck of a thing when a site won't even let you log out!