Search results

1. MikeB

[Inconsistency] The immortal Andrys Storme

If you never completed Three vs. Eleven before doing Call of the Blood, Andrys Storme is still happily alive in New Garand's Temple, even if you killed him in Castle Storme.
  2. MikeB

Continuing game when newer save is available

I always assumed that simply tapping a character slot in the Continue Game menu (without using the yellow folder) will let you continue your journey from where you last exited the game with this character. However, only recently I noticed that in fact the newest (in terms of in-game time) save...
  3. MikeB

Congratulations on the first million!!!

Just noticed that the counter in Google Play Store went above the magical million. Congratulations, David! The first one is always the hardest... :D
  4. MikeB

[Minor bug] The Dead God journal entry not updated (*SPOILER*)

I noticed that after taking the crown (and receiving the curse), the journal is not updated and still says that I have to search for it in the temple. Only after giving the crown to Bareid or Tol, the journal status is updated correctly.
  5. MikeB

New pics and vids for app store

I noticed that the screenshots and the video in the app store still date back to some version 0.6.x. I think the upcoming mage update would be a good opportunity to refresh those visuals. The game has much more to offer now and should show it. Maybe we can help David by posting some cool...
  6. MikeB

[Minor bug] Trait description text

When wearing equipment with trait bonuses, the traits window still shows the non-augmented numbers (which I guess is intended), but the description text corresponds to the augmented trait level. For example, with a natural Strength 4, the text reads "Could armwrestle a minotaur...", but when...
  7. MikeB

Message when XP effects wear off

I'm not sure whether this has already been brought up, but it would be nice if there was a message when the effect of XP scrolls wears off, similar to the "You learned something important..." and "You rest for 12 hours..." messages. I find myself constantly checking the remaining duration of an...
  8. MikeB

[Bug] Rum for Cadul

Just a minor bug: While the dialogue with Cadul suggests that you need three bottles of rum to learn about Zilda, in fact you need only to have two in your inventory. After finishing the dialogue, the log claims that you lost three nonetheless. Similarly, if you only have one bottle, you are at...
  9. MikeB

What happened to the random names?

I remember the naming of the random mercenaries to be very versatile in previous releases. But lately (I think since release 991) there only seem to be like 3-4 different names for men and women, respectively. It's the same with the random name generator in the character creation menu. It's not...
  10. MikeB

[Bug?] Barahid doesn't give XP

When talking with Barahid (in the Great Plains wizard tower) about why Thuramian wizards are allowed to Ilmara, the message "You learned something important and it makes you more experienced" appears. However, no XP is gained according to the log.
  11. MikeB

Lever stuck in New Garand Sewers

This lever gives me riddles. In some playthroughs it behaves as intended: You push it to the right, an echo shrieks through the dungeon, and the bridge closes. In other playthroughs, however, it doesn't work at all. It still lets you push it to the right, but then the message appears that the...
  12. MikeB

Error in DPS calculation?

Foreword: I apologize for all the lengthy math below, but I didn't know how to make my point clear without it. At least I tried to make it colorful. ;) Since the recent discussions in other threads about how DPS is calculated, I got hooked on the topic and did some comparison between manual...
  13. MikeB

New Garand 3-mas Party

http://imgur.com/8PtKYJn Griss: So tell me again, why do we need to wear these stupid red hats? Hirge: It's Ilmarian tradition. Griss: Right, I forgot. You: And we actually do see them on our heads! Crazy, isn't it? Adaon: Yeah, and it makes you look like a dork. Griss: Shut up, little red...
  14. MikeB

Ultimate resistance boost

Just something that's nagging at the back of my mind: The elemental enemies which are able to heal themselves from elemental damage (like imps from fire, icylons from cold, etc.) do so by having corresponding resistances of 200 or higher. So does this mean that if I was able to somehow boost my...
  15. MikeB

BUG: Crash upon hitting Rumors button

Just loaded an older save from before the last update and looked into the journal. Upon hitting the Rumors button (just out of curiosity) the game crashed completely [Nexus 5/Android]. Repeated this several times "successfully". After wandering around a bit and picking up a new quest (so a new...
  16. MikeB

Question on critical damage

I always thought that if a critical hit occurs, it simply means that this specific strike deals up to 150% of normal max dmg (instead of the usual 100%). Now I noticed that if I calculate the DPS in this way, the resulting value is always a bit smaller than what is displayed in the char sheet...
  17. MikeB

Companion dialogue

The dialogue for dismissing a companion gets a bit inconsistent once you purchase a house. Although any fired companion resides in your home from this point on, the dialogue still suggests that they return to their original location (being an issue only for Kingsbridge, obviously). It would be...
  18. MikeB

Level-dependent battle bonus/malus?

Have been wondering about this for a while: Is the damage I deal to enemies and/or their defense against my attacks modified by the level difference? Or in other words, does it make a difference whether I attack a, lets say, lvl 10 orc with a lvl 9, 10, or 11 character? Provided, of course, that...
  19. MikeB

Stacking orc battle plans

Is there any reason why orc battle plans do not stack in the inventory? I always considered them to be of similar type as ingredients, gems, or pelts (even bear pelts do stack!!!). I mean, they are just a sheet of paper, right? Or do orcs write on brick walls? So I would suggest to make them...
  20. MikeB

How resistances work - A short guide

This guide is meant for new players who want to learn more about how resistances work and how they are properly handled to get the most out of the game. While some things are quite obvious and intuative, others are not (at least to me). When I started playing this game, it took me some time to...