Search results

1. knarfling

The Shamans' Way: New play diary (Summoner Cleric)

Just an FYI, there is another option as well. Gilmour (remember the Spider Sack?) will have his uncle sign for a mere 10 fire salts. I usually have extra, so that is often my option. But I definitely understand not wanting to give the medallion to the Hand. And not wanting to deal with...
  2. knarfling

Basic builds & gameplay tips

My one issue with Mage Barrier is trolls. In my first few runs, I got it early. When I tried taking on trolls, I would hit them with fire damage, not quite killing them. The trolls would run into the Mage Barrier and "die" from shock damage. They would then regenerate and attack again. I was...
  3. knarfling

Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

The only element that they do not have any resistance to is ice. Cold weapons or damage only weapons work best. Unfortunately, the summon ice scroll is only available in Icemist, which you can only get AFTER you complete this quest. For now, the Staff of Mighty Missles is your best weapon...
  4. knarfling

What are the best items for magicians?

True. But the Mighty Missles is high enough damage for early enemies and you can grow into it. At level 8, with int: 3, agi: 3, staff mastery: 2, it does 15-20 with a 35% chance to slow. (My current char)
  5. knarfling

You don't have to be a member to buy stuff at the Enclaves. Nor do you have to be a member for teleportation. It just costs more. There is  NO way that I could be a member at level 4 or 5. Yet on this run I picked up the staff at level 5.
  6. knarfling

I am partial to The Staff of Mighty Missles as an early staff. But no need to run down to 2nd level maze and fight Oracle Minotaurs to get one. I usually pick one up between level 4-6. The jump to a base damage of 7-12 is a  big help for an early game mage. I pick one up as soon as I have 4600...