2-H STR / END Build w/Adaon

VDX_360

Staff member
Just to mix it up, I tried a 2-H Warrior STR / END Build with Adaon (on Normal). It started off as a way to test out the availability of 2-H weapons in the game, and grew from there. Note, it was an extreme STR / END Build. Only trait points invested in STR and END. That limits quest options and advanced skills. Makes for a pretty durable, high damage build. Taken on the final boss with 1,000 hitpoints and hitting for 200 damage is pretty nice. Screw the parasite!

1) With either lucky exploring or out-of-game knowledge, one can get the Wild Thunder pretty early. I got it at Level 4. Getting it that early skips a lot of 2-H weapons. It might be worth having the quest to get it locked until level 9 or so (after the Fort).

2) Alternating between whirlwind and charge, I found I could clear a lot of early dungeons with taking little to no damage. Most enemies could be killed in one hit. Alternating between them allows for a pretty quick dash without having to wait for skills to recharge.

3) I needed a +1 PERS item to be able to progress the 3 vs. 11 quest, I couldn't complete the Mathrisian Codex quest due to the +3 INT trait check. Even a +2 INT item wouldn't be enough. If I didn't use Adaon as a companion, I'd miss out out a few areas that require a +2 AWA or Adaon check.

Kurozuka

I need to choose my advanced skills and I need some advice. Would you recommend Fury (with Battle Rage) or Cleave ? It seems very good for more damage but I can't take all skills ... Need to choose...

VDX_360

Staff member
It depends on where you're in the game. Very early, I'd might suggest investing in a point in Cleave. It does help. However, if you're in the mid-to-late game, I might encourage getting Fury 3 and Battle Rage over Cleave. Charge and Whilwind are group attacks for Warriors, so they don't really need too much Cleave action. But it will help. I'd also suggest if you're tight on skill points, that you only invest one point into Battle Rage to get the stun break ability.

There are a lot of very good 2-H warrior builds so don't worry too much about if you have a prefect / optimized build. If you're doing okay in the game and having fun, than it's working.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Bear in mind it's very cheap to get a single point of a Skill, and Cleave 1 is still very useful, and it's only 2 more points get get Cleave 2 and that's about as high as you'll ever need it. To increase it to Cleave 3, three points, is a substantial investment of points for diminishing returns, you could get another skill to Level 2 for that.

Whirlwind does great damage but breaks Duel and is brutally expensive to maximise. For the Crowd-busting ability a single point in Charge will suffice.

VDX_360

Staff member
This thread started off talking about a very specific build for a very specific purpose. It shouldn't be read as a declaration of what build is better.

Duel is a really great skill, but seems to work better for 1-Hand weaapon users. As stated above 2-H weapon users often have Whirlwind (or Charge) that will reset the Duel count. So for 2-H warriors going the Charge / Whirlwind route, Duel might be a skill you can skip without much difference.

Also, as stated above, Charge II is about the peak of Charge efficiency, esp till the late game. Charge III is great, but you won't use it so much. Esp, if you have a high damge 2-?H warrior doing Charge and Whirlwind.

Most skills are best left at Level 2 until late game. There's diminishing returns for skill levels 3 and above. Obviously, there are exemptions but being mindful of getting Level 3 is a good advice.