5% lock bonus

barbarian123

I was reading over the intellect trait perks and I saw that along with the bonus for disabling traps but it also says it helps with locks but I've never encountered a locked door that could be opened that wasn't magical does anyone know what this feature does or if it's even a feature
Post automatically merged:    

MCRbullz

I think it helps detect hidden doors in the indoor areas.

If I'm correct it can be helpful. Some doors you don't want to hang about outside waiting for them to appear . 'Call of the blood 'quest is one . Take a scroll of detection.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
In the extreme early version of the game, the idea of locked doors, or locked chests, was considered as a game feature. It never made it into the game, but the language in the trait stayed in in case future content would include such items.

MCRbullz

Sorry barbarian at least we both know. I have wondered why some of the chests are always empty. Even though I know theres nothing inside I still have a peek. Perhaps you could add some boobytraps in the next update . Just a suggestion.

Kakost

Sorry barbarian at least we both know. I have wondered why some of the chests are always empty. Even though I know theres nothing inside I still have a peek. Perhaps you could add some boobytraps in the next update . Just a suggestion.
The only chests that are "always empty" are a few that contain unique loot and that never gets replaced once taken.

That means that you already looted those at least once before, and those are very very rare (from memory I can only remember the one from Sunken City where you loot the anti-rad helmet).

So no, there's no chests that are "always empty", 99,9% of them will always have new loot, while 0,1% have loot only once, but no chest exists in the game just for trolling players

MCRbullz

'Always empty' in my game.
I once tried stashing gear in it, ( I couldn't afford the 3rd bank vault) went for a kip and returned 12 hours later! Guess what happened?

Last edited:

MCRbullz

Mmmmm...just my luck . I've got a couple, but this one's memorable. I thought I might get a free vault , it didn't work out.