A Rogue's Life for Me: New Play Diary

Kakost

So, I decided that it's about time for me to finally play my archnemesis: Meele Rogue on Iron Man.

So, I'm gonna post my playthrough diaries here of it, along with any disastrous experiences I have along the way. I dont have much time each day to play, so progress will probably be quite slow, but I'll share my journey with you guys.

Before I fully begin, I'd like to ask for any tips and ideas on how to improve my play, ideas for builds, items to hunt early on and on mid and late game and any other suggestions you guys might help.

I pretend to play this with borderline obsession about my personal safety, so always try to have a healthy stockpile of consumables on me, always be full alert to bravely run away as fast as possible at the first sight of trouble, and overall play overly patiently and carefully. Let's see how far I can get to.

TRIAL 1: I'm at Lannegar, ready to begin my journey, after being robbed by that scumbag thieff Adaon. It's late in the night and I'm super tired after a full day of work and having to cook for my pregnant wife (yeah guys, Im an old fella, Im 38 years old and I have to take care of 4 children and my pregnant child - yes, my child number 5 is coming, and my wife is 41 years old! So, I only have precious little time each day to play!).

So, this is it for today. Also, I'd like to hear a few suggestions before I get it going, so tomorrow I hope to take a few more steps. See y'all there.

Nivarian99

Wow! keep up the good work! I am eagerly going to be watching this thread. pity you chose melee, cos i'm playing archer!
Post automatically merged:    

I pretend to play this with borderline obsession about my personal safety, so always try to have a healthy stockpile of consumables on me, always be full alert to bravely run away as fast as possible at the first sight of trouble, and overall play overly patiently and carefully. Let's see how far I can get to.

Lol, that's exactly how I play all the time...lol...hence i choose ranged chars like mage or archer!

Lamar

Look for goblin flesh cutter +1 min damage. Quick slot highest single DPS weapon and swap to that for stab and swap back to faster weapon after stab. Unless you can outrun and out kite turn and face enemies to avoid flanking damage. Shield is helpful.

Level 2:
Sprint 1, Evasion 1. Agility 2 or Per 1 for extra gold to by armor but agil improves armor and damage. Take Don't shoot the messenger for extra gold. Do Unknown dungeon - don't fully exit, reenter to get skeleton's chest, exit but don't sleep so magistrate's house is unoccupied.

Level 3: Int 2. Evasion 2 or stab 2. Bring Adaon. Do Those in need. Get Gris let Adaon go. Get tome.

Kakost

TRIAL 2

Well, today I woke up 2 hours too early, because I went to sleep to early yesterday (I was absolutely broken yesterday).

Today I decided to get lvl 2 and hit the Unkown Dungeon - the old trick most veterans already know, get to Kingsbridge > Inori Desert to the south > New Garand.

Well, that was the early end of my career. I underestimated that Forsaken follower you meet by the end (the one in red that talks to you). I didnt use my recover before facing him, and I also had put 1 trait point into each attribute instead of pumping up Agi >> Str >> End, all because I was thinking to get Per 2 all in order to do the Thieves Guild quest... Well, I clearly underestimated the threat, and paid the price.

Trial number 2 will begin at night, after my work turn and my household choirs.

Wow! keep up the good work! I am eagerly going to be watching this thread. pity you chose melee, cos i'm playing archer!

Lol, that's exactly how I play all the time...lol...hence i choose ranged chars like mage or archer!
Yeah, archer to me is too easy. I chose Meele Rogue precisely because it is the hardest one I could possibly choose. Warrior, Cleric, Mage and Archer are all easy mode for me even on Iron Man, but Meele Rogue is Iron Mode to me even on Casual. That's why I need to do this, I have to improve by struggle

Kakost

Look for goblin flesh cutter +1 min damage. Quick slot highest single DPS weapon and swap to that for stab and swap back to faster weapon after stab. Unless you can outrun and out kite turn and face enemies to avoid flanking damage. Shield is helpful.

Level 2:
Sprint 1, Evasion 1. Agility 2 or Per 1 for extra gold to by armor but agil improves armor and damage. Take Don't shoot the messenger for extra gold. Do Unknown dungeon - don't fully exit, reenter to get skeleton's chest, exit but don't sleep so magistrate's house is unoccupied.

Level 3: Int 2. Evasion 2 or stab 2. Bring Adaon. Do Those in need. Get Gris let Adaon go. Get tome.
Yeah, I took Invisibility 1 and that one skill that increases flanking damage (I forgot the name right now) at lvl 2, all in order to improve my chances against the first 2 guards that appear before freeing Adaon.

I also distributed 1 point into each attribute, because I wanted Int 1 to get the location of the Magistrate without having to pay 100 gold, and I wanted to push for Per 2 at lvl 3 and Int 2 at lvl 4 in order to complete the Thieves Guild quest with the best options as soon as possible.

A bit less efficient, I know, but I thought that early game is simple and easy enough for me not to worry too much, and then I could compensate going foward.

But alas, I underastimated my jailer.

Trial Number 2, Im beggining with the full End 1 and Agi 2, and I'll go for Str 1 and Int 1 at lvl 2. No more being overconfident this time around.

Lamar

Trial Number 2, Im beggining with the full End 1 and Agi 2, and I'll go for Str 1 and Int 1 at lvl 2. No more being overconfident this time around.
I typically don't invest in str until I've got more than 3 traits to spend, the return is too small without getting str to level 2.

I've started a run to follow you. I didn't follow my own advise about int and had to wait and retrace my steps once I hit level 3 to complete Those in Need. Also I hired a brown coat mercenary in New Garand before completing Mysterious Leter who helped out until she died while I was retrieving the tome in Kleyou tomb. BTW my first 2 runs goblins killed me. So this is trial 3. lol

Kakost

I typically don't invest in str until I've got more than 3 traits to spend, the return is too small without getting str to level 2.

I've started a run to follow you. I didn't follow my own advise about int and had to wait and retrace my steps once I hit level 3 to complete Those in Need. Also I hired a brown coat mercenary in New Garand before completing Mysterious Leter who helped out until she died while I was retrieving the tome in Kleyou tomb. BTW my first 2 runs goblins killed me. So this is trial 3. lol
Lol. Im at New Garand now for Trial 2 of the Unkown Dungeon, but I havent had the time to play yet - I have too much work and too many children hahaha. I desperately need to sleep, I hope to have some more progress tomorrow. See yall there.

And yeah, probably I shouldnt go for Str 1 just yet but it's fine for now

Kakost

So, still on Trial 2 I just finished the Unkown Dungeon. After acquiring the Mysterious Key, I went to lvl 3. Bellow are my stats and skills:

This time I began the game with Agi 2 End 1, got Str 1 and Int 1 at lvl 2 and now Str 2 at lvl 3.

My choice of skills for lvl 2 were Invisibility 1 and Sneak Attack 1 mostly in order to more easily beat the first 2 guards where you still have no items, with Evasion 1 and Sprint 1 at lvl 3.

In the very first guard, my trial number 2 almost got cut short because my phone stuttered for half a second, causing me to stab the air, losing both my invisibility and my activated Stab skill, meaning that I had to kill the first guard with empty hands. I finished him off having 2 hp left, and had to use my first recovery afterwards.

I overall played the dungeon far worse than in my first attempt, but managed to complete it, albeit by consuming every single hp potion that you find in it.

Afterwards, I went to the Magistrate's house, but I did the dumb thing to sleep before getting back to the Unkown Dungeon. I didnt know that if you sleep, the Skeletons' chest can no longer be opened. Living and learning.

I did take the items you find with the caged Minotaur, doing the trick of telling Adaon to wait outside, luring the big guy out, and letting Adaon getting beated into a pulp while I loot.

Afterwards, I killed the guy Horton I believe? From "Dont Shoot the Messenger", and I already went back to Kingsbridge to get my "reward". Now Im back into Lannegar to take the one NPC to the map where the love of my life Grissenda is waiting for me, so next up I'll recruit her and decide what to do next

Last edited: