About being a Thuram Knight

Kyoji

How Is playing as a magic Knight ?
Actually I am trying to be a summoner but I wonder if the magic Knight builds could be fun too .
Is there someone Who tried It out and could possibly Say something about that ?

Kakost

Brother, if this is your first time and you really really wanna keep as a Summoner, go ahead and do it, Summoner is very good and very fun.

But, if you're planning a second playthrough or if you're thinking about reset your Summoner and try something else with your Mage and your thinking about the Arcane Knight, then yes, ABSOLUTELY go for it.

And yes, the Arcane Knight is definitely a fun AND powerful build. Basically you get high Strenght and Endurance instead of high Intelligence and Agility, you can even add the Body Development skill in order to have massive amounts of health that you would never have as a regular mage, and thus you can actually tank a lot of damage, specially with Mage Armor.

The bread and butter of the Arcane Knight is the Combustion spell (besides the Arcane Blade skill obviously), which you'll use to severely weaken huge swats of enemies to both your physical and elemental damages.

There's also many other spells you can add to the mix - Disintegrate is probably the best one to add to their arsenal, but the elemental spells are also interesting, Lightning most of all. You can also mix a Summon to it.

I would ditch Staff or Wand skills all together in favor of something else.

The only con of them is only attacking 1 enemy at a time, but that is offset by Combustion being AoE spell and the fact that combined with Combustion, they really deal insane amounts of damage, thus nothing remains alive for long, and against bosses, when you add Combustion, their massive Physical and elemental damage and Disintegrate, the Arcane Knight truly is a machine of mass carnage.

I recommend the build 100%, if you're curious about try it out in any future build and you'll love it I garantee.

PS: just dont ever buy that improved "Mage Armor" skill that pushes enemies away when they hit you, it is awful for the AK because you wont ever be able to hit your enemies on meele with that

Kyoji

WoW , sounds really cool to try and I have a question : with Arcane Blade could I use all the melee type weapons (at least all the swords and all the knives with element attributes )?

Kakost

WoW , sounds really cool to try and I have a question : with Arcane Blade could I use all the melee type weapons (at least all the swords and all the knives with element attributes )?
All 1 hand weapons with elemental damage (fire, ice, shock).

You cant use pure physical or weapons that deal poison, death or spirit damage, and you cant use 2H weapons either.

Death Knights can instead only use weapons with Death damage, including 2H weapons.

The Mage Knights can also use the magic orbs in the off hand. You can only use small shields or orbs on the offhand, thus they are the only Meele class that can fight with a 1H weapon and an orb

Kyoji

Understood , thank you .
Who Is Better or more useful between Death Knights and Arcane Knights ?

Arcanmaster

Understood , thank you .
Who Is Better or more useful between Death Knights and Arcane Knights ?
Imho, Arcane knights because they are able to switch elemental damage(so they hit fire elemental with ice weapon) while Death Knights have problems healing ghosts.
The Mage Knights can also use the magic orbs in the off hand. You can only use small shields or orbs on the offhand, thus they are the only Meele class that can fight with a 1H weapon and an orb
If count this totem as orb, then everyone can use orb.

Kyoji

Ok so ... I guess I Will try to go for Arcane Knight
Post automatically merged:    

Oh One more question : Is the mage guild the best One for Arcane Knight ?

Last edited:

Kakost

Oh One more question : Is the mage guild the best One for Arcane Knight ?
Mage will usually have high Int or high Agi depending on either you go for Staff or Wand.

For Arcane Knight however, although some Int is useful for more mana (besides some perception), the best build is to go for either Str or Agi, depending on if you're either going for 1H swords or light weapons, and End, since you'll want a lot more HP than the base ranged Mage.

Body Development is also highly recommended, which is one other reason to why I personally would go for high Strenght instead of Agility and use 1H swords, but using light weapons is great too - remember that the skill Arcane Blade more than doubles the elemental damage of the weapons, so considering that light weapons are a lot faster, this means a significant amouny of extra elemental damage dealt. So, either Str or Agi work well enough, but for my own game I favored Str, but this is a matter of personal preference and there's no real right or wrong answer here.

So, drop high Int and/or somewhat high Per in favor of either high Str or Agi and End.

For items, any items that base mages can use, so can the Arcane Knights. Robes etc. In fact, they cant use heavier armor, they are still restricted to the same armor as base Mages - but that's not a problem at all, since you'll already have some great robes by the time you become one, including a super stylishly white robe you'll get from the Forsaken Fortress.

Than, at the Ark, you'll get the +3 Str belt and the +3 Agi glove and all the rest of the insane mage items and you'll be a true Jedi Arcane Knight.

The orbs will also offer some great elemental resistances, with you equipping the proper orbs for each necessity, it offers great defense.

All that on top of Mage Armor 3 or 4, giving you tons of defense for both physical and elemental damages.

If count this totem as orb, then everyone can use orb.
Right, I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Kyoji

Understood , Now only the Could Trail quest stands in the way and ... I guess some Gold coins too...

Kakost

Understood , Now only the Could Trail quest stands in the way and ... I guess some Gold coins too...
Yes. Cold Trail is a bit hard, just be careful. Ice Golems will do wonders there even if just from scrolls, bring Fire damage weapons and lots of ice protection and you'll be good. Finish off what you need to do and DONT GO ANY FURTHER. There's some SPOILERS there that you should only ever visit much later on at the late game, if you're feeling brave enough and wanna go for a challenge. You'll understand what I mean once you're there.

After that is just the coin to reset your char and buy Arcane Blade, Combustion, maybe even Body Development and whatever other advanced skills you'd like to have - from fighting skills you can only have Massive Criticals, but since you CANT have Precision Strikes I wouldnt recommend. Besides those 3 skills and Mage Armor (at least 3 or even 4), I would recommend taking Disintegrate next and depending on how many skill points you'll have after resetting (remember, you'll have to reset your skills and attributes, so that's not an insignificant amount of gold), you may choose anything between the elemental spells (preferably Lightning if you decide for that), summons (preferably Iron Golem and perhaps that one skill that increases the lvl of your summons which I forgot the name), Death Fog (that one Spell which you can buy from the Death Knight girl on Icemist) or any combination of those that is to your liking.

Thus turning the Arcane Knight into a meele spellcaster (super awesome).

If you're good playing with meele classes, you'll love it. The only stance upon which I wouldnt recommend the AK is for people that dont adapt to meele classes (but since you play Rogue, Im sure you wont have any problems).

Oh One more question : Is the mage  GUILD the best One for Arcane Knight ?
Oh brother, sorry, I only saw that now. You asked if the Mage GUILD is the best for the AK, and I thought that you asked if the Mage (baseline) BUILD was the best, hence why I answered about the builds to it.

Sorry for my confusion. Yes, absolutely, the Mage Guild is the only one for the AK, they cant learn almost none of the Adv Skills from other Guilds, and they can learn ALL skills from the Mage Guild. It's simply not feasible at all to choose any other Guild for them besides the Mages

I also suggest to only fully switch once you have the gold for ALL changes you need. You dont want to get Arcane Blade and Combustion but remain with pitiful Str and End. Do it all at once in a single big reset instead of doing it gradually

Last edited: