About being a Thuram Knight

Kyoji

More over It could be wise to wait for trying to take Advance of mayor INT points since I Remember you Need them for crafting the bag from the blueprint you found in Tremadant tower ... I Just realized that I have to make this Road to Arcane Knight less rushing .
At this point I figure out that join the mage guild now could be a nice thing for saving Gold , not with a huge results but if I find a way to establish a good farming strategy , in the ark of time of two LV , I feel I could grind decent amount of Gold Coin but here we have the question : now I have 1 skill point left (as far I Remember ) where to put the skill points After the First LV up : in Warp or in barrier wich push back and cause shock when you get attacked in melee ?

Rk01

@Kakost

hello friend, I read all your talk about Arcane Knight and I found it very interesting, I already finished the game with a mage but never as an Arcane Knight, I already understood how all the mechanics and construction of the class work, my doubt is the following: Yes It is possible create a mage to be an arcane knight from scratch? directly invest in strength or agility and stamina attributes for physical development and summoning to catch more iron golem? looks suffered but i would like to give it a try, starting out as an aspiring arcane knight let's just say you'll obviously only have a few daggers a mage can wield lol

Last edited:

Kyoji

I searched for a build guide for Arcane Knight but I did not find anything yet , any advices ?

Neponde

Heres the basic setup

Critical basic skills
Mage Armor

Helpful basic skills
Lightning (early + late game damage)
Mana Surge (mana management)

Critical advanced skills
Arcane Blade
Combustion (resistance lowering)
Body Development
Vampiric Blade

Helpful advanced skills
Death Cloud (with vampiric blade)

Trait priority
Strength (high)
Endurance (mid)

Quick Tips
1) Combustion is great for groups, or lowering resistances of bosses. It can even be used as an opening move on fire-resist enemies.
2) Always keep mana on hand to keep mage armor up. As a low int build, your mana pool will require careful managing. You are very vulnerable without the shield.
3) Mage barrier does NOT synergize with this build
4) Your primary DPS comes from the elemental damage. Keep multiple elements of weapons on hand.

You can go agility based (instead of strength) instead as well, but you lose much of the benefit of body development then.

What else are you curious to know?

Kyoji

Do Vampiric Blade works only with death attribute weapons ?

Actually I set :
Arcane Blade ( maxed )
Combustion ( Maxed )
Mana Surge ( maxed )
Mage Barrier ( maxed )
Gate ( maxed )
Now I still have 7 points left .

For the attribute points I still have the old long range set up ( I am saving up Gold coins for reset them ) .

Thank you for this build guide

Neponde

Do Vampiric Blade works only with death attribute weapons ?
Yes. In addition, unlike Arcane Blade, Vampiric blade lets you use 2H death blades.

Now I still have 7 points left .
Lightning will be invaluable for the final quest. Its a useful damage burst before then. 5 points will get you rank 3, which is all thats necessary.

Body Development (at least rank 2) will be extremely helpful too if you find yourself getting hit lots. I would label it mandatory for final quest.

Kakost

@Kakost

hello friend, I read all your talk about Arcane Knight and I found it very interesting, I already finished the game with a mage but never as an Arcane Knight, I already understood how all the mechanics and construction of the class work, my doubt is the following: Yes It is possible create a mage to be an arcane knight from scratch? directly invest in strength or agility and stamina attributes for physical development and summoning to catch more iron golem? looks suffered but i would like to give it a try, starting out as an aspiring arcane knight let's just say you'll obviously only have a few daggers a mage can wield lol
Oh, so you want to try the "Arcane Knight Challenge". Yes, it can be done of course, but it's rather... Boring. There's only so many goblins you can farm at before getting tired of lol.

Yes, you can do that, if you want to try some extra hard play. Let me try to find that challenge for you, it's here in the forum somewhere...

PS: sorry I took so long to answer, I missed your post somehow
Post automatically merged:    

Over here:

This is the Arcane Knight challenge, to follow the true call of the Steel from the get go and forget those cowards weapons such as wands and staves.

Good luck - you're going to need it!
Post automatically merged:    

Here's the most updated "Challenge Compedium" list for the crazy ones among us looking for that little extra "immersion" and constant pain in their lives, a big shout out to our intrepid friend "Apocalypse" for compilling those:

Last edited: