Agi or Str cleric?

Iamcringe

Which trait would be better for a church of the three cleric? Both seem good but which one is better?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Generally speaking the better Maces and Cleric-friendly Longswords are better than the better Hammers. Of course Maces & Longswords benefit from both Str and Agi.

VDX_360

Staff member
In general, Clerics do better with a heavier investment in STR than AGL. That's because Clerics do better with 1-Hand weapons than Light weapons. Obviously, 2-H Clerics get a much bigger benefit from STR.

Note, Clerics can swamp between weapon types with relative ease. The only thing that changes is the damage calculation from STR and AGL. So you might find yourself using a mix of 1-H and Light weapons, esp through the early to mid-game.

Might and Crusader give a PER HIT bonus, so quicker Light weapons get a higher bump to their DPS. So in the very early game, you might find yourself drawn to Light weapons.

For my own Clerics, I tend to have STR and AGL about equal and low. That frees up trait points for INT and PERS which help with mana and a lot of quest checks.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I prefer a balanced agi/str build for clerics. Even for my Hirge I use that because of advanced skills.

If it's your main character, than the question is a bit more complicated. What guild did you join and what skills do you need. For a paladin (warrior guild) a str build is better than agi, for CoF build (the three guild) agi is a bit better than str.

uaeoh415

If it's your main character, than the question is a bit more complicated. What guild did you join and what skills do you need. For a paladin (warrior guild) a str build is better than agi, for CoF build (the three guild) agi is a bit better than str.
I have made my Warrior insanely lethal with 44.7 DPS through AGI and weapons with Light. Fast and deadly with the Shadow Blade, Tarand's Hatchet and Belt of Agility. Deadly and fun. YAY! I want to do a Cleric for the healing spells, but I know so little about the class.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I have made my Warrior insanely lethal with 44.7 DPS through AGI and weapons with Light. Fast and deadly with the Shadow Blade, Tarand's Hatchet and Belt of Agility. Deadly and fun. YAY! I want to do a Cleric for the healing spells, but I know so little about the class.

FUN CLERIC SUGGESTION:
THE INQUISITOR!

Clerics are very defensive, very durable but usually lack good offense. Which can get boring. If you like good offense - and setting people on fire - the sorcery-enthusiast pyromaniac INQUISITOR might be just for you!

Burn the heretics. Burn them all!!! ;)

- Invest early in Sacred Fire, so you can quickly become a walking dynamite stick lolll. Sacred Flame III deals 48 fire damage to everyone standing near in front of you, so it's super fun against swarms of flammable enemies dumb enough to charge at you! (Or too slow to get out of your way hihihi)

- Arbenos's Might is the next Inquisitor spell to get. It essentially sets you on fire. Useful as a flashlight at night, but also to keep your enemies warm...

- Next step is a huge money-sink, but it's the most fun part of the Inquisitor. Once you get to INT 4, go to the Enclave tower near Freetown, and spend all your gold on Scrolls of Fire Elemental Summoning!!! Now you have a walking pyre to burn the heretics ;)

- At level 7, do the Wizard Guild's Enclaves quests to get into Icemist. Learn the Advanced Skill Summoner to turn your Fire Elementals into terrifying angels of doom! (At this point, your elemental will actually become more powerful than you loll)

The Inquisitor build peaks at level 10, with its level 13 Fire Elementals. With those 3 skills maxed out, at level 10, you still have 3 skill points left for your Heal spell. You can use it to heal your Fire Elemental too.

The best traits to increase are PER and INT. The Inquisitor fights like a Mage, so all you need is mana!

The best equipment for the Inquisitor is basically everything that gives you mana, like the +20 mana ring from the Ilmara Enclave quest. You'll want as much mana as possible as fuel for your fire magic. The perfect hand weapon is the Mystic Bone Mace, which gives you another extra 20 mana. (It's easily found in the chests of Kurg's Cave in Emerald Valley, provided you run really really fast and are willing to reload the dungeon's map a couple of times to find it loll. It's a bit cheaty, but it's a reasonable weapon - good, but not too powerful - and the extra mana makes the build much more fun.)

Note:
Later in the game, instead of spending tons of expensive scrolls of Teleport to move around, learn the Advanced Skill Gate in Icemist, and spend your gold on tons of expensive scrolls of Fire Elemental Summoning loll. The more the better! And eventually, you might want to also get Scrolls of Ice Elemental Summoning from Icemist, not to use against fire-resistant creatures, but to use as a shield against cold-dealing enemies. Elementals are essentially invincible against their own element!

Last edited:

Gr8Scott

@Apocalypse
LOL! Have you tried every option at this point?
Post automatically merged:    

@Iamcringe
Being new, guild association seems to be heavy hand @ Duel vs. battle prayer & Flames of faith.
The three guild with flames of faith is mana burning and makes str/agi lower per VDX above. Str is probably better in later game since enemies defense blocks each hit. Not sure about the math especially with critical increase skills, but it seems higher damage per hit is more important.

Last edited:

chicirish

I’m loving my agility based cleric. Only things that use mana are Might and Intervention. Warrior guild—-duel, heavy hand, max crits, prec. strikes, body enhancement.
Non aided stats:
Str 4
End 4
Agil currently 5, will keep boosting!
Int 2
Awa 3
Pers 3