App EK Companion

What do you want to have next ? :)

• Total voters

Jerem-D

Dear community and dear David,

I really enjoyed playing at EK and bought it twice (apple store then play store). Last time, I wanted to complete all the game in hard mode with a really powerful mage and I started to update a google doc with all the quests, achievements, tomes I wanted to find/completed.

That gives me an idea to build a really simple EK Companions with checklists. If the community likes that project, I can push the source somewhere (github or elsewhere) to continue the development. (adding checklist for tomes, build calculator, pictures, auto-loading quests from the wiki, tips like the post for quests sorted by level,difficulty)

Please find the application hosted here : ek-guide Exiled Kingdoms Companion

Again David, you did a great job and thanks for the latest updates, it was a pleasure to play it again!

Regards

Jérémie

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Salut Jérémie!
Génial ta carte!
Great idea to list quests by location like this, I always findself short of completing the 97 quests, and I can never find out which ones I missed. How will you put the companions quests on the map?

Jerem-D

Salut merci pour le feedback !
In fact, that is a really good question. For now, I just try to get "raw" data from the official wiki to avoid building/managing two sources of trust/data.
In the wiki the starting location of companion quests is "Random Encounter in Varsilia". So I decided arbitrarily to map those 3 quests to Lagannar area.
Do you have another or better idea 💡?

For the next features, I have seen that we can create a poll in the thread. If guys you have specifics requests I can create a poll like that the community can vote the next best feature for the second iteration.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Grissenda and Adaon's second quests can start on multiple roads in, I think, 3 kingdoms. Not only Varsilla. Hirge's second quest (Three versus eleven) triggers in New Garand, but her 3rd (at Mount Orogg) triggers randomly when you enter big towns.

My suggestion is to place them where the player must go to actually start playing the quest, not where the quest triggers. That would be Mount Storme, Nilomar (Adaon's uncle in prison), New Garand (3 vs 11), and Mount Orogg (for Hirge and the shadow thingy!)

PS: J'suis Québécois, à Montréal! Es-tu Français? :)

Jerem-D

Hello,

Nice idea, actually the "Three versus Eleven" was already mapped to New Garand (City). I updated the two others as you suggested.
  1. Call of the Blood to Mont Store
  2. Trial and Error to Western Korne (where is the prison and Begadar)
JSON:
    {
        "id": 50,
        "name": "Three versus Eleven",
        "area": "New Garand (City)",
        "completable": "Yes"
    }
    {
        "id": 89,
        "name": "Call of the Blood",
        "area": "Mount Storme",
        "completable": "Maybe"
    }
    {
        "id": 90,
        "name": "Trial and Error",
        "area": "Western Korne",
        "completable": "Yes"
    },

PS: Oui français ;) Sympa Montréal, j'y ai bossé 3/4 mois :)
Post automatically merged:    

Is there someone (wiki moderators/administrators?) that masters the wikimedia API ?
I want to extract achievements, quests, areas, secrets.. Let say official lists/tables from the wiki through API.

I found an interesting API but still struggle to get exactly the defined "Lists" or "Templates" like the ones used in the Quest Table page : View source for Quest Table - Exiled Kingdoms Wiki

Code:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/api.php?action=query&list=embeddedin&eititle=Template:QstSub&eilimit=200&format=json&prop=revisions&rvprop=content
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/api.php?action=query&prop=revisions&titles=Goblin_Hunt&rvprop=content&formatversion=2
*still need to parse the html content after..

If someone has a hint, I would be able to load dynamically the quests from the wiki!

Last edited:

Jerem-D

(@Apocalypse I forgot the time difference between us ! ;))
Thanks for the answer maybe @VDX_360 will have some advices. This is not a blocker issue for now but if David will update the game I prefer relying on the official data in the wiki.

I created a poll for the community to vote for the next features. Please give your opinion 😁

On my side I have few quests to finish (including SoH) and I will finish to find all the tomes.

Jerem-D

There is an equality of votes 🤣 I cannot determine the feature with the higher priority . We need more votes 😇 otherwise I will take the first one ☺️