Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehtir

Lesser art, also called Sorcery, draws upon internal force of the spellcaster, making him/her more fatigued, but is spontaneous, meaning that as long as you have enough stamina, you can keep casting any of your spells. These can be cast with different intensity or focus by becoming more fatigued. Some are petty and simple, others can be fairly powerful, but don't expect them to be battle-changing overall.

Then there's the Greater Art, also called Ritual Magic. These are the most powerful spells, but they are less versatile, with just a certain number of spells per level and magical school available each day. Normally you have far fewer of these, and you must carefully decide when and how to use them. However they are slower to cast; most take a full round, meaning you spend a full round vulnerable, and can be interrupted if harmed by enemies. Some greater Rituals can take multiple turns to be completed. These spells can virtually do anything in the highest levels: from making a meteor fall upon your enemies to summoning mighty undead or transforming you into a troll.

Damn! About all that is written above, I have been dreaming since the days of old fantasy RPGs. I hope you will be able to create this coolest system of magic!

VDX_360

Staff member
I expect the Invisible Swamp Donkey to make an appearance. The art work would be easy.

Natalia Beaumont

Just finished watching the teaser and I am sure glad to hear some semblance of the old intro music. It could very well be the entire series' very own unique theme. Compared to the old one, it sounds exciting and hopeful rather than lonely and depressed (which I think fit the first game very well since most of humanity was annihilated and the peak of civilization was destroyed). Hoping to hear more original music if that isn't too much to ask lol.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just finished watching the teaser and I am sure glad to hear some semblance of the old intro music. It could very well be the entire series' very own unique theme. Compared to the old one, it sounds exciting and hopeful rather than lonely and depressed (which I think fit the first game very well since most of humanity was annihilated and the peak of civilization was destroyed). Hoping to hear more original music if that isn't too much to ask lol.

Laura composed that Intro Theme for EK back in 2015 when she was 14, indeed she added it now as a "quote" at the very end of the Teaser, turning it into "triumphant" from the original gloomy/nostalgic feel. Not many people would have caught that detail, she'll be happy to know her efforts are noticed. Yeah, once we enter the next development "phase" and we start with regular community updates, we will publish some of the music as well.

VDX_360

Staff member
Oh sure, "spears" get added to the game... but where's the Invisible Swamp Donkey???

RustyLoon Marko

Loreseeker
Will weapons be less effective in certain situations?
For example, bows less effective in night or dark dungeons, big sword will be less effective in narrow tunnels, so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.