Ark loot: is the drop rate a bit too low?

0rion79

Hi, after farming the Ark for the rings of Star Traveller (it is really a matter of luck, I got a total of 5 after a few lucky runs), I realized I have found only 1 Goggled Helmet and 1 pair of Automated Gloves. Maybe I should come back to the Ark to farm more, but where is their location? First floor maybe? Not the lower docks with radiations?

Also, I had a really hard time to find some good stuff as Assassin's Gauntlets (5% drop rate by Nightblades only) and the Assassin's Hood (10% drop rate by the bandits leader only).

Yes, the game may be completed even without these items, but they are very nice and it is a shame to never come across them! Imho, the Assassin's Gauntlets should have a higher drop rate and/or should be found in chests, on par as the Armor and Boots, while the Hood should be a 100% reward from the boss just like the poisonus longbow.

Deleted member 28869

Maybe I should come back to the Ark to farm more, but where is their location? First floor maybe? Not the lower docks with radiations?
It's in the main deck
Also, I had a really hard time to find some good stuff as Assassin's Gauntlets (5% drop rate by Nightblades only) and the Assassin's Hood (10% drop rate by the bandits leader only).
You can get assassin's gauntlets from a lady in quest dubious poetry (happens when you want 5,000 coins or a one night stand with lady leana)

VDX_360

Staff member
IIf rare drops were too common, they wouldn't be rare drops.

We did the math at one point and figured out on average how many rare drops a person would get on the various types of playthroughs. It was pretty fair. You might not get every drop, or the drop you really want, but you get a lot of rare drops. There's a lot of stuff in the game.

But I get the frustration in trying to get that one item on your must-have list.

0rion79

There is also no point in designing cool items if players can't find nor use them... Probably for you is fair, i hate grinding and for me is not. Another subjective matter i suppose