Askatir Mine=gold farm??

benleen87

Was just looking for the devour sting dagger with my rogue here and turns out to be a really good gold farm/ loot spot!!

VDX_360

Staff member
Askatir Mine tends to get overlooked as a gold farm.

Depending on your level / build / class, Askatir Mine can be pretty decent. As you increase in level, you might find other places to be more useful but don't let that stop you from raiding the spider infested mines.

Kay

Drop rate there very low... At least that was i experienced when i was doing shielding mind quest ( goddamn they wont let go their chitin capace that easy ). I normally farming in Lambt Maze or Nilomar Cape... Thats where the gold flow, sometime at iross highland

Brunors95

In my opinion the best places to farm both gold and exp:
1st for both exp and gold: Sunken Citadel
2nd for both exp and gold: Maze of Lamth
3rd for both exp and gold: Bloodpaw Cave

Why? Because they give decent experience and also lots of equipments that you can sell out, in each run in Maze of Lamth you can get about 6k~18k depending on the kind and amount of equipment dropped, and in Sunken Citadel you can get about 12k~30k
Note: Farming in Ark of Lothasan gives away a lot of experience and gold, but you will play alone, and your companions will not level up, also, you might need to spend a lot of potions to farm there, if you compare Sunken Citadel with the Ark of Lothasan, Sunken is a better effective place to earn money only by spending only your rest button.

In my opinion the best place to farm experience only for yourself is: Ark of Lothasan

The best place to level up you and your companion is Icemist Underlevels

VDX_360

Staff member
Those are places that are often cited as the best end game farm areas. The challenge for a lot of players is that by the time they reach the end game, there's no need to farm anymore. There is an end game need for gold to buy all the houses and all the visions but most (?) players don't seem to be worried about the expensive visions.

It's around Level 10 to Level 15 when players seem to have the biggest need for gold. That's about when buying houses and expensive gear (like the +2 belts) is first doable. That's also the limbo of the game when players feel they aren't ready for the end game areas that drop better equipment but are too strong to get a benefit from the early dungeons.

Brunors95

I particularly like to run Maze of Lamth by myself with Hirge since level 8 until I unlock Sunkel Citadel, I know I can't reach deep at level 8, but I usually go until I have used all rest buttons and there's no possibility to go further, then, I use scroll of return after that, I usually earn about 4~6k in one run at level 8 to 9 and 10 to 12 I can basically earn even 10k, I avoid using cure potions or mana potions for Hirge, if needed, I tend to use the less potions as possible, rest buttons are usually enough to earn a good amount of gold, when I need more potions, I go back to the best place to buy them from what I can see so far which is in Freetown in the Grey Library, they offer a good discount, I also tend to sue 2x scroll of experince 7% to increase experience earned for each run, so, gold is not really a problem for me in this game, not even from level 8 to 15 which is the level which I think most players will face it hard to play as many don't know that Maze of Lamth is so good even from lvl 8 to level 16 (which is normally the level I unlock Sunken Citadel) or until I complete sharps of fate quest

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
North Crimson Hills is the farm area. You get XP, you get gold, but you also get Diamonds and Golden Apples. Lambar Cave is another. You farm not only for Emeralds and Diamonds, but also Vorator Eggs.

I honestly don't get this Lamth Level 2 fixation. Yes you get XP and gold. You get that just by playing the game, wandering around, doing quests and Townhall quests and just playing the game.

Brunors95

I honestly don't get this Lamth Level 2 fixation. Yes you get XP and gold. You get that just by playing the game, wandering around, doing quests and Townhall quests and just playing the game.

I will record a video running in Maze of Lamith lvl 2 and also another one in Suken Citadel, I can particularly record lots of videos using all my heros to run Sunken too, those videos would show good payback so that people understand how good is it to run in Sunken at high levels and in Maze of Lamith in comparation to Crimison Hills and to Lambar Cave, I will post here on the forums, I hope it will help out a lot of players how to farm a good amount of gold, it's still possible you can even buy a house in New Garand in basically 2 or 3 runs in Maze of Lamth depending on the amount and kind of dropped equipments.

It's still possible to run a little bit in Maze lvl 1 even at lvl 5, it's true you cannot go further deeper at that level though, but you can simply run and still get about 3k gold even at level 5, I did it yesterday, I have created a new 2-handed warrion yesterday and decided to enter the Maze at lvl 5 and tried to run Lamth lvl 1 as much further as I could and got about 1,5k~3k in each run

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
The debate surrounding which is the best place to farm is ongoing and has no true solution. Sure, you can post videos for days breaking down each area by XP and GOLD per hour of game play, but total profit efficiently is only part of the equation. If you're looking for specific drops, than obviously that's going to be a factor. Also, some areas are simply more enjoyable to grind.

The balance of the game includes item drops. So if a player is pushing through the game at a decent pace, they'll tend to find equipment drops about when they need them. If they stop to grind a few levels, than they might see enemies levels outpace natural drops.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
A big difference is you can grind Lamth "legitimately" but to farm north Crimson Hills or a Vorator lair does help if you use the quicksave/quickload out of the area.