Best way to kill necromancer at level 5?

TheNativeJim

I have an autosave right before I go in the room with the necromancer and the wraith ad it kills me everytime potted or not. Any suggestions?

Trace Da Cruz

You will have to provide a little more info...

So being level 5 seems a bit low for certain classes -or, just rogue, hehe-

For any class you better get Griss to wield the Sword of Shock (obtained from Captain Whitewater in Lannegar)

If you have potions, give some to Griss before she faints so she can beat that wraith, And it is strongly suggested to bring Death resistance, from Rolf Ehrar, and those Potion of Death Ward you find in tombs and can buy in Lannegar, you migth need also some cold resistance...

Not that I have managed before, for I have done both Kleyou quests at level 7 with a Rogue, but that's all I can think of, maybe you will get more suggestions, Good Luck.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, which monster are you referring to when you say Necromancer? The unnamed Necromancer in Mercian Crypt, the dark ritual going in Nayau Tomb (Dark Matters quest), or someone else?

Trace Da Cruz

Oh. Looks like I named the wrong tomb, -it's not Kleyou -because of the level I assumed is the Nayau Necromancer (and the quest is actually Forgotten Lore) he seems to be the only one accompanied by a wraith...

VDX_360

Staff member
I am aware of the Necromancer that is part of Forgotten Lore. I am also aware of the possibility of player confusion, translation errors, or just errors. Which is why I asked the original poster for clarification with an open question.

VDX_360

Staff member
Responding to a direct message here (as it's better to keep the dialogue in the common area).

Presuming we're talking about the Necromancer in Nayau Tomb, here are some basic tips:
The original poster doesn't give much details on his build, Companion, equipment, so pardon if anything said is redundant.

Tactic Tips:
1) BIG ONE: You can lure the wraith out from the room so you don't have to fight the Wraith and the Necromancer at the same time. The easiest way to do this is to tell your Companion to "Wait Here" a little outside the door. Also tell your Companion to only fight nearby enemies. Try to trigger the dialogue on the west side of the room. Than as soon as the dialogue run out of the room. If you lure the wraith out, than you have an advantage. You can heal up, and take on the Necromancer. Alternatively, even if they both charge you, the door way works as a choke point. You can often make it two on one at the door.

Basic Tips:
1) Do you have a Companion? Getting Griss from the Bluemist Colony will help alot.
2) The wraith hits with death damage, so death protection from rings, potions will help.
3) The necromancer hits with some ice damage so cold resist can help, but not much as it's not much damage.
4) Using potions on Ogre Might, or Giant Strength can help. You can buy the latter at Jabel if you don't have access to the Loreseeker merchant. It might be a bit of a run to go get them, but hey, they tip the scales in your favor in early game fight).
5) Getting the Sword of Shock from Head Hunting will help alot.
6) If you're setting on a stash of gold, buying one or two armor pieces will help. In the early game, every point counts. So even if you buy one piece with a slight improvement, you'll see a difference.
7) Wolf summons. They won't last long, but they will make a difference in early game fights.

TheNativeJim

I'm sorry guys, I was talking about the necromancer that's with the wraith for the Forgotten Lore quest. You guys gave me some good tips and I'm now at level 7 so I'm going to give it a try. And I just got griss right now. I thank you guys. 😊