Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

JediNxf7

was Doug the farmer eaten by the swamp donkey? I just have to know.
Post automatically merged:    

hmm I would call it a bug, just tested the evil path and killed him and rest there, the quest still remains. that's not really good

edit: yep tried to rest and he is still not available, so it's impossible to get rid of the quest ever again
well, if you killed him, it's not wrong. he does seem to be asleep in the elder forest...

Last edited:
Ok I've been testing the mage builds. Firstly could the reset costs be reduced/reset as they have in the past as its extortionate chopping and changing (And yes I should have made an alternate save but running out of slots to do quick compares!) Combustion works well altbough would like to see a tiny bit more damage seeing as the mage will be in the thick of it. Vampiric blade I'm not overly impressed with. I really like the idea of a warrior mage but didn't seem to pack enough punch. Also you're pretty scuppered with death resistant enemies where attacks heal. I know the idea/theme is around death but could another weapon damage type be included. Mana health regeneration is a bit mean for higher level opponents. On the same topic could the mana regen rate be slightly increased for story mode. I found I was waiting for ages for it to refill while health was at max long before. I get the idea is not to remove the need for potions but a bit more juice would be nice.

On the topic for veranni rep, I started a new game did all the pro verani quests and by time I reached the ark my mercian rep still got to 25, so dont think youre putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Would love to see some more higher level mage gauntlets, footware and leggings. Again to go with the warrior mage theme. Perhaps a cost to mana in return for some physical/attack boosts(also thuram leggings pretty please). Lastly will we see more of the Golden Hand? Seems pointless giving them necromancy tomes at present.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Build 1.3.1166 is now a Public Release.

The rollout will be staged slowly over the next day; out of caution I don't release it to 100% of playerbase in the same day; you may not get the update until a couple days pass. This thread will remain open for a few days but it's now OK to post about v. 1.3 through the forum.

VDX_360

Staff member
Firstly could the reset costs be reduced/reset as they have in the past as its extortionate chopping and changing
I would oppose making it easier to repeatedly respec.

For beta testing, I get it can be a pain to try to swap different stats to do a comparison test. But that's why there's 5,000 beta testers. Not everyone has to do everything.

For regular game play, constantly resetting traits and skills, destroys the entire concept of designing different builds. There are several different mage builds that are quite versatile, and several specialized builds that do really well in some areas, and struggle in other areas. That's part of the balance.

I personally think respec-ing should only be done in the case of a broken build, not as a planned part of game play.

I would oppose making it easier to repeatedly respec.

For beta testing, I get it can be a pain to try to swap different stats to do a comparison test. But that's why there's 5,000 beta testers. Not everyone has to do everything.

For regular game play, constantly resetting traits and skills, destroys the entire concept of designing different builds. There are several different mage builds that are quite versatile, and several specialized builds that do really well in some areas, and struggle in other areas. That's part of the balance.

I personally think respec-ing should only be done in the case of a broken build, not as a planned part of game play.
Not for regular game play I completely agree, however previously during beta testing periods only the reset costs were lowered for testing new builds/combos to see how things balanced etc. Some of my characters are 5 years old so you can imagine the normal costs when new skills were released over time. Seeing as latest version is launched to the public now prob a moot point.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Not for regular game play I completely agree, however previously during beta testing periods only the reset costs were lowered for testing new builds/combos to see how things balanced etc. Some of my characters are 5 years old so you can imagine the normal costs when new skills were released over time. Seeing as its launched to the public now prob a moot point.

In all honestly I forgot, I could have reduced the costs during the early builds of testing at least, but too late now...

Wonderfox

Translator
Not sure if a bug or not - found the Lifestone, got the amulets, solving the maze riddle now (I have noted the paining on the wall), the Golem hinted it would like the Lifestone after answering all my questions, but I cannot offer the Lifestone to the Golem (it's in my inventory, not in the Bag of Holding).

P.S. Can anyone PM me regarding the combination? My question is if there are any levers at all in the location where Golem is, or only Sleepers levers are involved.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if a bug or not - found the Lifestone, got the amulets, solving the maze riddle now (I have noted the paining on the wall), the Golem hinted it would like the Lifestone after answering all my questions, but I cannot offer the Lifestone to the Golem (it's in my inventory, not in the Bag of Holding).

P.S. Can anyone PM me regarding the combination? My question is if there are any levers at all in the location where Golem is, or only Sleepers levers are involved.
What does your journal say about the Hard Bargainer quest?

did you start it during one of the early betas?

Wonderfox

Translator
What does your journal say about the Hard Bargainer quest?
"The Golem asked me for a Lifestone.."

did you start it during one of the early betas?
No, I started with the latest one.

First thing I got the amulets (without talking to the Golem - did not know about it), then I went to the gates and could not use the gates since I did not know the passphrase but I got the Lifestone, then I went to the Golem and he started answering my questions.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Then you should get a possible answer: "I think this is the Lifesone you wanted."

EDIT: you are right, you found a bug. Uploading a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.