Bishop ring and reputation | OR | 11000 xp, ability point and talking with god?

VDX_360

Staff member
Nutshell: Player choice, but most lean to getting the Skill Point.

In general, for most players, giving the Crown to Toll is considered the better option. It gives a Skill Point bonus, adds a more complete narrative of the history of the continent, and allows the Bishop to live.

That being said, the Bishops Ring is a top tier item. Strong Death Protection, defense and one of the few items to give a +2 to a stat. For Clerics and Mages, that +2 PERS turns into a decent amount of magic. It also gives a nice reputation bonus, for those that need it in game, or those that are competing for a total score game.

The drawback to ring is that it's use is best limited when fighting enemies with death damage, or no elemental damage. Against other elements, you're likely going to swap out for rings with a matching elemental resistance. You can also get a +2 PERS item later in the game, if you complete the game peacefully. Additionally, by the time you can get the ring, you've likely already killed off the worst of the liches, and have completed the Pits, the two places that benefit the most from death protection.

It's a tough choice.

Spajkus

I kill Araim, Mausoleum lich, Glibra (rumor boss), High Priest and Abbot. That's all? But i don't kill Void Lord (and any dark presence) and Lord of Pit
"But I already speak to Tol and get secret achievment on steam."
And I collecting limited and unique items, so maybe i take bishop ring for my collection?
Also remember that it's easier to get xp than unique item.

VDX_360

Staff member
The area with the most death damage is The Pit, ruled by The Void Lord. So if you beat that, than you are good to take on any other death damage area. If you are really looking to max out death protection, The Ring of Unlife is notable.

Spajkus

My Adaon have one ring of unlife, but iron golem as shield and high staff damage are enough for me. Just I wan't to first clear lambar cave or mercian crypt(my main target is nr 2, with very strong death staff), eventually I will second time complete Castle Storme. Later I defeat Void Lord, perhaps then I take Ring of Unlife from Adaon, I without any companion, as Mage Summoner clear some of hardest dungeons in game. I have only one problem, with Mercian Crypt. Undead from this trap always block me before the iron golem can block them and protect me. I even tried with a companion, but they was too many.

VDX_360

Staff member
For the Mercian Royal Crypt ambush trap:
Have strong death protection (use Death Resistance if needed)
Have Companion with strong death protection
Use Summons.
Take out the healer that hides in the back (Skeleton Evoker?)
Given your level, that should work.
If you're still getting over whelmed, try using a speed potion, and running away (or in a circle), till the enemies attack your summon / companion).

It can be brutal ambush trap, but it should be doable.

Darteous

This is a hard choice for me too. I'm ironmaning with mage, so that ring would make some stuff much easier. Usually doing the right thing has the better drop, sadly that's not the case this time. I think I'll get the ring, it will be much too helpful and Gods are usually detrimental overall so I don't feel too bad about it.

ajay

I am not sure turning the crown into Tol is worth the 1 skill point which is half a level. The ring is worth 9 trait points in my build or 3 levels. Yes, trait points are easier to find outside of leveling, but as a rogue I can go from 8 to 9 agility while wearing the ring for 5 personality. The 2 personality neck makes me stunnable. As a rogue dps out weighs resistances, faster killing equals less damage taken. Killing things in cycle of evasion to stay closer to full health/mana for bosses is a good thing.

Commiades

I like the ring for its Wisdom bonus. I wonder how long it takes to make up the XP lost by not giving the crown to Tol?

Fjfgjfx

I've given it to tol I know it's just a game but he said he will eradicate the undead and solve the mess they made