bounty witch elder wind - location?

VDX_360

Staff member
What's your gossip chance and how many other Town Hall Quests do you have running?

Hints on Town Hall Quests can be obtained only via buying drinks at an inn (chance to hear gossip). Because the Town Hall Quests are random, there's no way to predict where each item/monster/bounty is located.

However, there are some general guidelines (read very general, and not at all a sure thing). Enemies of a certain type, from certain town hall's tend to have a range of places to appear, so in theory one can look at those places and might find the item/monster/bounty without a gossip chance but that requires being able to clear multiple maps or dungeons.

SolbergZ

I switched companion and got 30% gossip, i was told she was found on trollfens and i did find but the penalty vs prize on reputation seems bad for killing the varannari leader.

Mod Note: Deleted full quote. No need for a full quote when just replying to the comment above. Excessive full quotes clutters the forum.

VDX_360

Staff member
Keep in mind that Town Hall Quest locations are random so the witch might not be there for anyone else.

Also, yes, hunting down Varannari is going to ruin your reputation with them. Steep penalty without many ways to recover it.

There's a -theory- that the game will eventually include a story arc involving choosing sides between the Varannari and The Three, and in that arc, rep with the Varannari will play a critical role. A lot of players just ignore Varannari and don't mind becoming an enemy of the Varannari. At this point, not much penalty in the game.