Change difficulty (up)

Kalthor

I have disstain for reading "Normal" as the set difficulty. Have an option to lower difficulty but that's not my way to jive. What is Ironman and how to access this setting.

TIA

Update: can choose difficulty at games start, can lower difficulty during game. But I'll never do that, weaking out ain't a style lol

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, raising difficulty was not as easy because of the way it affected spawns, it would be too complicated and run into the risk of corrupting the saved games. The only way to raise difficulty is to start over, sorry.

Kalthor

My warrior is getting flogged, it's all good. I'm feeling like this is challenging on normal, maybe I'm underleveled and ambitious. Iron man Rogue is a dream I'm fathoming so I'll get mine soon enough. I understand it's fine. New character is a tap away from fruition ⚔️

Kakost

Iron Man is Hard difficult with permadeath and no saving files. You die, your character gets deleted. It's really hardcore! And fun as hell.

But try finishing the game once before trying it out; IM is not fpr the faint of heart

Kalthor

I love permadeath! ... I was a PKKer on Diablo LoD hardcore ladder for years, same tag too Kalthor223. Hunted player killers