Cloud restoration error (pre-1.3.1182 )

Vitas

Hi, I want to restore my files from Cloud, but the game shuts down during restoration. The saving was made before last update. Afaik, the last update was related to Google Play Cloud storage, this might have caused this issue.

Also I saved in my phone storage, but the file somehow disappeared? 🤔

Thanks in advance.

Vitas

So, according to that user, I should uninstall and reinstall EK? But what if it doesn't work and I lose all my files?
Before the last update I had no problems restoring my files, both from cloud and from local storage.
Now I have problems both with local storage and online.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This is fixed in build 1.3.1182 released today.

Previous fix in 1181 apparently caused new file permission issues with Android 11 users. Now it should be working for everyone.

VDX_360

Staff member
I made a slight edit to the title to make it easier to track this fix for any other bug reports.

Vitas

Nice, the Cloud restoration is working again 😀

The EK.bak file from local storage appears to be deleted and lost, but at least I restored my data from Cloud.

Btw, if I have different saved files from another phone (with old Android version), will those add to my current files during restoration, or will they replace my current files?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
They are replaced. You should take care of this manually, as if you overwrite some saved files, and you don't have a backup, they are lost.