Cloud saving from different devices.

LegalCounsel

How do the save slots align across devices for Cloud saving and importing? For example, if I have a game saved in Slot 1 on two different devices and save to cloud on one device and then save to cloud on the second device, does the second cloud save overwrite the first?

From the other direction, does a cloud import retrieve another device's save of the same slot number thereby overwriting a save in the same slot number of the importing device?

VDX_360

Staff member
I could be way off the current system so please standby for a more confident response.

But my understanding is that save slots are an All-or-nothing type of thing. The game saves all eight save slots on the same file that is, in turn, exported, or imported. Thus you can't mix-and-match save slots from different save files.

Again, I could be a bit off in the current system.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Everything is overwritten by latest save. It's not supposed to combine different character slots.

LegalCounsel

Sorry folks. The import of my question was lost. I only used Slot 1 as an example. And maybe you answered, but I'll be more succinct: If I export all my local phone saves to the cloud and then import from the cloud to my tablet, will it overwrite all my local tablet saves with my exported phone saves? Or is the exporting/importing to cloud for each device stored separately? There is some indication for the latter in that the device name appears during the save. I don't want to test as I have developed games on both devices. Thanks!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There's only one "saved games slot", either in Cloud, or on devices you use.

So, if you save something in Cloud (export), later you import that on another device, previous saved games will be erased!!! from that device where you imported saved games, as there is only one instance for saving games.

Hope you now better understand what has been written?

If you want to play one game on all your devices, you would need to first export it to cloud, then import on different device and play on this new device. And if you want to play back on old device, you would need first to export on new device, then import on old device.

Even if game has more than 1 save game slots (10 actually), all saved games slots are saved and used as one save file (EK.bak) that is saved in Cloud, or exported to your HDD. So, you have only one save file (EK.bak) you work with.

You, of course, can, if you want, manually create "collection" of more than one saved files (EK.bak), but you need to do this manually and you need manually cater to all these saved files in the way you want.

Hope I made some things a bit more clearer?