Companion dialogue

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The dialogue for dismissing a companion gets a bit inconsistent once you purchase a house. Although any fired companion resides in your home from this point on, the dialogue still suggests that they return to their original location (being an issue only for Kingsbridge, obviously).

It would be nice of the dialogue would adapt to the new situation, something like "You can find me at your house whenever you need help again." or "See you at home, sweetie!" (to add a bit of romantic flavor).

Dimidium

MikeB, I agree with you here. Dialogue would be more immersive if it was adaptive to the character's housing situation.

feldon

Loreseeker
Even after the house though, aren't H and A available in both spots (house and org NG spot)?

I agree the dialogue needs some work as it was never altered after house implementation. Just want to make sure applies to all possibilities.

Dimidium

Yes they actually are in both spots despite the obvious fact that it violates every law of physics.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I am aware of the inconsistencies. Once all the potential houses are in the game I'll look into all this.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Dimidium":z0wn7yo4 said:
Yes they actually are in both spots despite the obvious fact that it violates every law of physics.
DavidBVal":z0wn7yo4 said:
I am aware of the inconsistencies. Once all the potential houses are in the game I'll look into all this.

Well, you could preserve space-time integrity by changing the dialogue to: "I will return to [whereever], but occasionally drop by, throwing a surprise party with all your friends, drinking all your boose, just to sneak back to my original location in no time once you leave to get rid of your hangover in the next dungeon." Don't thank me, you're welcome.