Composite bow

Glidds

I am trying to get abetter bow for my rogue. I have the ruby key number 2. I get absolutely hammered in the mercian royal crypt entrance though. I am level 15 and have grassenda as a warrior but even she dies very quickly. Is there some sort of armour or resistance i need? Im pretty sure i have the best gear available to buy for both characters. I have seen videos of people doing it as a lower level warrior but no rogues. Has anyone been through and gotten it? Am i trying too early? Or is there another decent bow i can get somewhere else? Doesnt seem to be many out there. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

VDX_360

Staff member
The ambush at the start of the Mercian Royal Crypt hit with heavy DEATH damage. High death resistance will serve you well in the crypt. You can increase your death resistance with equipment (namely death resistance rings) and death resistance potions. The Wiki (link top of page) can help you locate those items if so needed.

That ambush is pretty hard for low-to-mid level characters.

If you have the reptuation with The Three, getting the Misthunter Bow might be easier. You don't need to kill anything, just run real fast.

See here.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Level 13 Port Malan quest with Adon becomes available. Go get the Silver bow of Malan. Crypt trap Summon a wolf. When trap set move fast to top of screen to not engage the Evoker who heals the wraiths. The bow will shred the weaker wraiths in the crypt later. Get key 6. Kill the Necromancer. Go in tomb 6 first.

Glidds

Thanks for your replies. Ive now gotten hirge as a cleric so she heals me alot which helps. However ive gotten to the red doors easily and opened the 2nd door but i just get paralyzed straight away by the boss in there and he kills me bofore i can do anything. Is there a potion or an item i can buy to make me imune? Its quite frustrating as i cant run away and fight from a range because the gate closes behind me.

p4ran0id

Staff member
best bow is wyrmslayer. with a little bit of practice it's easy to get, got it with lvl 11 on Ironman, no need for any other bow till ark 😏

Glidds

Cheers for the help. I ended up finally beating him by luck, didnt get parylyzed, took me about 20 go's though lol. New bow, new hammer for hirge, and a trait point. Definetly worth it.

Azuto

I am trying to get abetter bow for my rogue. I have the ruby key number 2. I get absolutely hammered in the mercian royal crypt entrance though. I am level 15 and have grassenda as a warrior but even she dies very quickly. Is there some sort of armour or resistance i need? Im pretty sure i have the best gear available to buy for both characters. I have seen videos of people doing it as a lower level warrior but no rogues. Has anyone been through and gotten it? Am i trying too early? Or is there another decent bow i can get somewhere else? Doesnt seem to be many out there. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
I'm level 11 and grissenda level 9, in normal mode i just was 5 potions (2 of 30hp and 2 60hp and 1 90hp) and ran (I don't has sprint skill) , when i entered the chamber, i just give a 90hp potion to grissenda and picked the bow and used a teleportation scroll, i was only 4 hp left, now i notice in that occasion i was so much luck