Cursed Abbey quest not working?

Oragmir

Short: I cant enter the abbots quarters and the fire dungeon in the cursed abbey

I have the problem that when I enter the Abbey of saint Admus to make the quest "cursed abbey" I cant enter the fire dungeon and neither the abbots quarter, even after talking to the statue and getting all answers right.
I watched the walktrough and in it the abbot and the fire dungeon are open.
What do I do wrong?

VDX_360

Staff member
Can you expand on what you mean by "... I cant enter .." You should be able to talk to the abbot, and enter the fire area of abbey regardless of talking to St. Admus or having the quest active.

Are you missing the secret door? Either not "finding it" in-game, or at the wrong spot in the wall? There's an in-game hint to the location of the secret door to the fire area. Once you're in the fire area, you'll have to walk across a fire floor to talk to the demon lawyer.

See here for map.

c00lg33k

Hi,

This is my third trip to try and complete this quest.. Drives me nuts.
I have watched walkthroughs and read all of them, and still - damn door does not activatate.

I have talked to crazy muddaf.... and quest advanced. However the Gate to hell is not active.
Screenshot shared.
Please advice - what am I missing here??

VDX_360

Staff member
If you read the note at the bottom of the Wiki map, you'll note the secret door is Level 35. With the 3% bonus / malus of finding secret doors, your getting a 51% penalty to your passive change to find a secret based on your character being Level 18. Since you appear to a be a warrior, you might have a pretty low passive detection rate. (You can check your [passive chance to find secrets on your character sheet.) Thus, you likely have a negative chance to find that door -- which you you can't discover it passively. You'll have to use some few Scrolls of Detection -- each one has a 75% chance to find that door. So bring a few.

What do you mean the gate to hell? The teleport near the Abbot? That's an one way out of the Hellish Cave not into it. You'll have to get past the secret door discussed above and go down to the Hellish cave.

The gate in the Abby on the north side of the first floor is opened by talking to non-ghost ghost of Saint Admus. He'll ask three questions that you must answer correctly. The answers are found by talking to a NPC in Fogas, and reading the book found in the Abby. Or you can just use the quest Wiki.

I'm anticipating the tricky part to the Demonic Lawyer might give you a headache. As the quest Wiki states, you'll have to talk to the Demonic Lawyer (not fight), ask about the Abbot's uncompleted contract. (Note: you'll have to run across some burning floor to get to the Demonic Lawyer.) Only AFTER talking to the Demonic Lawyer can you find about about the Abbot's loophole by reading the Abbot's journal. You can skim the journal before talking to the Demonic Lawyer, but your character isn't that interested in reading about the diary of madman. After finding about the loophole, go talk to Saint Admus to get rid of the loophole. Than you can kill the Abbot.

Hope that helps.

c00lg33k

If you read the note at the bottom of the Wiki map, you'll note the secret door is Level 35. With the 3% bonus / malus of finding secret doors, your getting a 51% penalty to your passive change to find a secret based on your character being Level 18. Since you appear to a be a warrior, you might have a pretty low passive detection rate. (You can check your [passive chance to find secrets on your character sheet.) Thus, you likely have a negative chance to find that door -- which you you can't discover it passively. You'll have to use some few Scrolls of Detection -- each one has a 75% chance to find that door. So bring a few.

Hope that helps.
That secret is what caused me a headache. I understood as, when you have talked to the crazy abbot, the door would be visible, despite my detection skill. But I went out and bought some detect scroll (before reading this) and that helped.

So finally, I got it completed after 4th ride....

Short: I cant enter the abbots quarters and the fire dungeon in the cursed abbey

I have the problem that when I enter the Abbey of saint Admus to make the quest "cursed abbey" I cant enter the fire dungeon and neither the abbots quarter, even after talking to the statue and getting all answers right.
I watched the walktrough and in it the abbot and the fire dungeon are open.
What do I do wrong?
Try to talk to Marcillus- he is on the upper right corner on your screen. He mentioned 3rd door becames Gate of Hell. Search every door on the opposite side of Abbey until you found a glowing wall. Pass through it go right. Look for stairs below then go down. You must have a higher AWA and INT of 5 and up. Gear up your fireproof armor and Look for Demonic Attorney and talk( not kill) him on how to Destroy Marcillus.