D&D movie

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

@DavidBVal already hyped? I know you're also big dnd fan. And the title of the movie suits also EK game šŸ¤£

Er... I am a big fan of the old D&D editions, not so much about their 21st century stuff. Fifth edition has some good rules ideas and it really isn't a bad edition, but it doesn't suit my playing style and the content and adventures are terrible (except when they are remakes from 80s and 90s stuff, which unsurprisingly is about 60% of what they release).

Also, typically every D&D-licensed media is awful, be it the old novels or movies, and very likely much worse with the new ones.

VDX_360

Staff member
Things David misses about old D&D:
1) THAC0.
2) Seven-hour combat (5 seconds of rolling dice, the rest spending arguing about the rules).
3) Vecna showing up randomly to wipe out party members.
4) Yelling, "ROLL INITIATIVE, M*THER F*CKER!," every time a party member pointed out a technical error on his part. This leads to the the next point:
5) Rule Zero. Oh, How David misses being able to claim almighty DM status on a whim. Get a lucky critical on that wizard? Oh. Sorry. That was just a clone, the real one is behind you. Did you survive the trap? No worries, the mountain blowing up with you in it. You know. Slight changes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Things David misses about old D&D:
1) THAC0.
2) Seven-hour combat (5 seconds of rolling dice, the rest spending arguing about the rules).
3) Vecna showing up randomly to wipe out party members.
4) Yelling, "ROLL INITIATIVE, M*THER F*CKER!," every time a party member pointed out a technical error on his part. This leads to the the next point:
5) Rule Zero. Oh, How David misses being able to claim almighty DM status on a whim. Get a lucky critical on that wizard? Oh. Sorry. That was just a clone, the real one is behind you. Did you survive the trap? No worries, the mountain blowing up with you in it. You know. Slight changes.

A pic from my shelf, in which you can see what's my favorite drink:

2cGIwWw.png

Jokes aside, old editions were way faster and simpler to play. And adventures were awesome.