do companion skills all work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediNxf7

in my first game adaon would frequently (sometimes even annoyingly) disarm traps. in my new game, he has trap master but still never does so (awa 2, int 1 I think, and he notices them often enough so that's not the problem).

in my first game hirge had retribution and I never once saw her mana increased by killing undead. are these skills known to glitch in companions?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Retribution was bugged years ago, but it should work. Adaon will try to disarm traps if his chance of success is 65% or higher.

JediNxf7

ah so it might just be insufficient skill for adaon. I guess when I progress enough to teach hirge retribution I can test if it's working this game. I'm using the beta on Android, don't know if that makes a difference.

VDX_360

Staff member
Adaon's preferred method of disarming a trap is to step on it (technically, rendering it safe).

Too low of a set point for Adaon's trap attempt results in abuse of the Companion, or him dying when he has no chance of succuss right when you need him to be fighting. Too high, means he's rather useless. No one seems to agree on where the happy middle can be found.

I just remember with fondness when you used to be able to push Companions into traps.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well, Hirge is even worse, she just love to stay in lava or toxic waste to use healing while dying before it's casted

Eduardo SM

Hi there, I play by Android, version 1.2.1124, and my Adaon with 65% don't disarm, and my Hirge with, retribution lv 2 don't gain mana, plz help me.

Nopp

Adaon only disarms with 65% on the actual trap. Hirge only gains mana if she last hits the undead, not you(i think)

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Eduardo SM,

Adaon attempts to disarm in the disarm attempt is 65% -AFTER- taken into consideration the level difference between Adaon and the trap. Thus, if his baseline disarm trap is 65%, and the trap is a higher level than him (him, not you), than he won't make the attempt as the level difference penalty will reduce his disarm rate to less than 65%. This is my understanding, at least.

Hirge only gets the mana if she lands the killing blow on the undead. This can cause frustrations similar to Blood Lust which requires you to get the killing blow.

Eduardo SM

Thanks, so, I tried again and Adaon is lv 20, I went to Yada Tomb, with lv 2 trap, waited 5 min and that Adaon guy didn't move a finger, I'll try Hirge retribution with all info I got, I put her to kill the undead alone, and she don't gain the mana =/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.