Elementalist - New Mage Build

Owns

Loreseeker
For those wanting to focus on spell casting with the mage, I present the Elementalist Mage build (available on the wiki): http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... ementalist

I completed the main story on Hard using this build and tried to optimize it as much as possible for a specific play style. I find it to be very fun and engaging (and powerful). It is both a build and a guide with tips/strategies specific for this build's play style. Hope you enjoy. Feedback welcome.

Owns

Loreseeker
For anyone interested, I've added some game stats on the build page to maybe help comparisons. Took 61h to complete 84/88 quests on Hard difficulty, not sure how that compares with other players/builds. I believe that the only quests I haven't completed are SoH and the ones that came out with the latest v1.1.1092 update, but not entirely sure if I missed others. Here are the complete Details:

Attachments

• Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats1.png
    Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats1.png
    367.6 KB · Views: 2,099
  • Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats2.png
    Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats2.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats3.png
    Lvl21-Mage-Elementalist-GameStats3.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 2,096

VDX_360

Staff member
A bit of a necro comment, but it is timeless advice.

The mage class can be the most frustrating class for players, because how vulnerable and specialized the class can be. Mages get pretty powerful late game, and aren't terrible to control once you get the hang of it. But they play very different from any other class in the game.

Good luck!

Matty-b

I can say from playing this build that it is one of the best ways (And IMO only ways) to play mage. Using elemental aspects of your spells to your advantage (and thus, the enemy's weakness) is just the smart thing to do because it bypasses armor (which every hostile encounter will have). The few places where this build lacks are in the death damage department (but death is more of a general extra damage and aside from Ursan, I can't think about anything that is weak to death damage) and the spirit damage (which also is a more general damage aspect that only becomes a problem in the forbidden pit).

Thanks for the amazing build, I only have the sewers of horrors left on my mage build and I believe it will be very doable with this build!