Elusive Living Ice

Nivarian99

My mage has reached level 12 but I am stuck at Couk's Research Quest because I cannot find Living Ice.

Cleared Frozen Depths, the icylons only dropped sapphires!
Cleared Merxdan Cave, except the Dragon, no living ice
No travelling salesmen seem to carry any this time ...in fact, I rarely met the travelling alchemist, nor did shady guys have any!

What do I do?
Post automatically merged:    

Updated: Found my living ice. Apparently there is a trick to finding the merchant by repeatedly travelling between Rhoneis and Nivarian, for anyone interested

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Sounds like bad luck on the loot rolls.

There are several places in the mid-game where Icylons can be found (even if you don't spam the frozen depths).
But, as you point out, the Traveler Merchant can carry them, if you are really desperate.

Nivarian99

Sounds like bad luck on the loot rolls.

There are several places in the mid-game where Icylons can be found (even if you don't spam the frozen depths).
But, as you point out, the Traveler Merchant can carry them, if you are really desperate.
yeah, it was kinda desperate, given that was the only quest holding me up from getting to icemist!

but what are the other places where we can find them icylons? also, i keep reading these terms - early, mid and late games...what defines each level? is it based on the char levels? or different map areas/main quests?

VDX_360

Staff member
The terms Early, Mid, and Late game are a bit vague, and loose. Because the game is an open world, there's not hard rule about where and when transfers to the different.

In general, Early game tends to refer to levels 1-10, and before full access to the Tremendan Tower. Mid-game tends to refer to 12-18, when one is hunting black shards, and exploring the world. Late game tends to prefer to access to the Ark, Sewer of Horrors and similar areas, so anything above Level 18.

It's a bit of a vague system.

The Wiki lists where you can find enemies, including Icylon

Nivarian99

It's a bit of a vague system.

Perhaps, but at least your definition has made it a bit clearer. Agreed that since its open world, and there is no specific quest order, can make it difficult to come up with stricter classifications.

Good to also know things like the Ark and SoH which I keep hearing about are not to be touched by me for now!