enemies re-spawning

slyfox

I love the game, it's brilliant but it's unfair that enemies re-spawn in areas where you cannot save the game.

Can you fix that please, or else I fear people will just give up on the game if you have to repeat certain parts of the game endlessly.

Also could you make in game purchases available? such as bying more coins would be good.

Many thanks

Jahiko

I get where you're coming from however that's the point of the game i think. The challenge of surviving and grinding to level up. The game is still in development so who knows

Peace out!

Zarky

Enemies re-spawning are.one of the challenges of this game. They test the ability of you and your companion and/or mercanies abilities. It will never change.

as far as in-app puchases go ... will never happen as well.

I hate to dampen your mood.

but you must play this game as far as you can. It is one of the best open world rpg's on the market so far. Keep playing and you will succeed! :D

trust me, im not the highest, but I've survived 18 levels, and it only gets better with each update. :D

MrPanic

Loreseeker
Well, as mentioned, it's part of the game.
And just imagine, all Dungeons will never respawn... Once killed all monstern, you can't level up any more, because there are no enemies. :eek:

Just keep level up in lower areas and keep moving forward step by step as you level up.

It's an open world, but not all areas are mentioned to walk around with level 1 or 3 characters...

EDIT:
And as far as I know, respawning takes place 12 hours after entering. So you can leave, head back to a shrine of the Three, get healing there and go back to the dungeon. The parts already cleared should be free.
Take enough healing potions and good equipment. Resistance helps in most of the areas. Just take a look at the damage the enemies make and get the proper resistance. Nothing impossible, but you have to be a little strategic if you want to succeed dungeons above your current level.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, thanks for playing and for the feedback.

I think, the point here is mostly about the game concept. I never intended the game balance to allow the player to simply walk into dungeons and clear them; I go for a more realistic approach.

What I look into when I balance difficulty, is quest resolution. The progress in the game is measured up by quest advancement, so if completing an appropiate-level quest is impossible, and you are doing everything right, then I did my job poorly and I need to adjust.

Let me ilustrate it with an example. At level 2, the player should be able to complete the Lost Explorer and the Flesh is Weak quests from Lannegar. They should not be trivial, they should pose a challenge, and if you're careless, you'll die, but if you're playing carefully a level 2 adventurer, then you should be able to complete those.

Many players just run into the first tomb expecting to kill everything inside, and when they jump into 3 zombies and die, they exclaim:"this game is unbalanced". But this is an open world, the areas shouldn't be "balanced"; what I balance is the quests; they're supposed to be completable, and they provide big XP rewards, taking you straight to level 8-9 without grinding required.

As for in-app purchases: I want this game to be playable and finishable without any kind of pay to win. Maybe in the future I can add "pay for convenience". Gold is a possibility, but as the game is currently in development and balance being adjusted, I want it to be finishable and completely balanced first, without requiring any money spent on in-app purchases. I don't want potential unbalances or partial design forcing my players to spend real-life money on the game; wouldn't be honest, or that's my take on it. On a finished game in which I am confident gold is well balanced, we'll see, it's soon to say.

ProtectorKnight

DavidBVal":3a2ktxqd said:
Hello, thanks for playing and for the feedback.

As for in-app purchases: I want this game to be playable and finishable without any kind of pay to win. Maybe in the future I can add "pay for convenience". Gold is a possibility, but as the game is currently in development and balance being adjusted, I want it to be finishable and completely balanced first, without requiring any money spent on in-app purchases. I don't want potential unbalances or partial design forcing my players to spend real-life money on the game; wouldn't be honest, or that's my take on it. On a finished game in which I am confident gold is well balanced, we'll see, it's soon to say.

I agree with the in-app purchase issue.i never cared to much for the " play the game for free, but to do good you gotta buy crap".... For all that just go completely pay to play, like a MMORPG. I could see from a sales stand point it can make sense (this game was good enough for me to buy). Set you up for free giving you a taste and hooking you... Hey guess what gotta buy me now.. Haha gotcha sucka. Difference with EK and other games is David asks $2.95 for a great game ( so far... So eager to see more) and not a penny more. I hate games that Nickle and dime you like farmville nemo's reef (awesome game btw just gotta pay to have the goods). If i had to do all that I'd rather pay to play with a flat rate. Not the whole well i want "cleave " skill pay a dollar, i want full "chainmail" set pay 5 dollars. That is such crap imo.... * gladly steps off soap box now*

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
MrPanic":ghna9gg9 said:
And as far as I know, respawning takes place 12 hours after entering.
That is general rule, but there are exceptions. Ghosts in Deadwood spawn much faster, maybe even after one hour (game time, not real).

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
Sir ShanksAlot":2xxp8aut said:
Fashionably late, but I moved this to feedback ;) lol.

Originally, the reply could be support focused but it is also more about the game's core playing strategy

DavidBVal":2xxp8aut said:
What I look into when I balance difficulty, is quest resolution. The progress in the game is measured up by quest advancement, so if completing an appropiate-level quest is impossible, and you are doing everything right, then I did my job poorly and I need to adjust.

But this is an open world, the areas shouldn't be "balanced"; what I balance is the quests; they're supposed to be completable, and they provide big XP rewards, taking you straight to level 8-9 without grinding required.

I would recommend to move the complete reply of David to a sticky post to a "Getting Started" or related title post (if it is not there yet). These lines clearly mention the strategy difference with other games

Sir ShanksAlot

itsallaboutu007":29r2dp1b said:
Sir ShanksAlot":29r2dp1b said:
Fashionably late, but I moved this to feedback ;) lol.

Originally, the reply could be support focused but it is also more about the game's core playing strategy

DavidBVal":29r2dp1b said:

But this is an open world, the areas shouldn't be "balanced"; what I balance is the quests; they're supposed to be completable, and they provide big XP rewards, taking you straight to level 8-9 without grinding required.

I would recommend to move the complete reply of David to a sticky post to a "Getting Started" or related title post (if it is not there yet). These lines clearly mention the strategy difference with other games

Support is for bugs and in game issues.

This is 100% feedback and belongs here.
As for the sticky, we have quest walk through stickies and I linked a beginners walk through as a sticky already.