Exiled Kingdoms Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDX_360

Staff member
Obliviously, only David can speak for David, but he has made consistent* statements stating Exiled Kingdoms is done for the foreseeable future.
And I'm not sure how Exiled Kingdoms would fit the online model???

I --think-- EXII, the Revenge of the Goblins* (They'll MINE YOU this time.), might have more online-ish elements.

*When sober (which in no way suggests he's ever drunk, angry or simply hates your character as they step on a effing Level 35 trap in a Level 9 dungeon.)

*Totally not the real name, see here:

dennisgxbriel

@VDX_360 Obviously my friend and I would make changes, create new hunting spots, places not explored on the map, for example. Could we do less of a beta test? Do not reject this, please.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Making the game online was one of my original design ideas for the game. A cooperative mode was under study in 2018 after I released version 1.2, and I came to the conclusion it required a lot of work and would probably need to be developed as a different game, since the modifications would make the game unstable. I might do that after Archaelund is released; until then I am afraid Exiled Kingdoms is not open to community development, but if you really want to make an online game with similar gameplay, go ahead and make it, I am sure many players would love it and it would be easier to start from scratch than to modify current code.

Locking this thread, since the question was answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.