Experience Points (XPs) Glitch

Joe99

I have noticed that when I kill some of the wandering creatures, I don't receive the full experience point value. I am still early in the game and have been primarily killing orcs and bandits (levels 1-5). Rather than receiving 20 XPs for killing a level 4 creature or 26 XPs for killing a level 5 creature, occasionally I will only receive 3 or 4 XPs. I noticed this in the small yellow XP value that appears on screen when you kill a creature. I confirmed this by double-checking my actual XPs in the character screen after each kill. Is this a glitch, or do some of the level 4 and 5 creatures really have single-digit XPs?

Cuckoorex

From the Wiki: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... nce_Points

"Killing Enemies: The main method of gaining XP is by killing Enemies. The specific type of creature is irrelevant, as only its level and whether it's categorized as boss or miniboss determines the amount of XP gained (see table to the right). Note that there are some areas (like the Deadwood) in which enemies respawn at a constant rate. In those cases only the first "population" of monsters provides the full XP, with each respawned one only a minimal amount."

Sounkeng

Exactly what Cuckoorex said. Anywhere that enemies respawn while you are in the map will result in single digit experience gains. This is by design to discourage players from sitting there and farming indefinitely.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also keep in mind the 20% XP reduction for having a Companion...