fame for killing rumor bosses

Sounkeng

I know it sounds greedy for me to want fame for killing rumor bosses in addition to all the amazing loot they drop. But I just can't help thinking that killing these monsters would make me famous, at least regionally.

ArrowsFTW

Sounkeng":1lr3wjfl said:
I know it sounds greedy for me to want fame for killing rumor bosses in addition to all the amazing loot they drop. But I just can't help thinking that killing these monsters would make me famous, at least regionally.
What if the people from the town you got the rumor from greets you after killing the monster. For example, the guard thanks you for killing them

Sounkeng

ArrowsFTW":3csp3vxn said:
Sounkeng":3csp3vxn said:
What if the people from the town you got the rumor from greets you after killing the monster. For example, the guard thanks you for killing them

That sounds over complicated. But maybe a point of fame in the closest town. (shouldn't be too complicated to code, and also shouldn't be too much of a bonus reward)

VioletVixen

Unless you were a high level player and killed a gazillion of them. Then, theoretically, you could be a hero in Towns where you have done a bunch of bad stuff... just sayin'.

Sounkeng

VioletVixen":dwomfmxh said:
Unless you were a high level player and killed a gazillion of them. Then, theoretically, you could be a hero in Towns where you have done a bunch of bad stuff... just sayin'.

Sure, but wouldn't you be, assuming you killed an epic number of super bad monsters? I see no conflict with this. It seems like a very logical, natural connection. In an adventuring world people are known for the deeds they have done, and the monsters you have slain.

We learned about the monsters via rumors. It's only logical to assume there would be rumors about the hero (or villain) who slew the dragon that the locals were gabbing about last week.

feldon

Loreseeker
Sounkeng":r663zrca said:
VioletVixen":r663zrca said:

Sure, but wouldn't you be, assuming you killed an epic number of super bad monsters? I see no conflict with this. It seems like a very logical, natural connection. In an adventuring world people are known for the deeds they have done, and the monsters you have slain.

We learned about the monsters via rumors. It's only logical to assume there would be rumors about the hero (or villain) who slew the dragon that the locals were gabbing about last week.
+1. Logical and another reason to go after a monster even if you've got your equipment squared away.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed on logic, I might add some rep bonus; I need to gauge first the frequency of bosses and see if they're were I want them to be.

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
AFAIK, there is one such rumor ALREADY in the game.

After clearing the goblin mine, i got rumors from multiple towns that some hero has cleared the mine and it is functional again.

so, this can be extended further

VioletVixen

I totally agree, I as just playing devil's advocate, that was the only thing I could think of... also I wanted to use the word gazillion. :p