Fort Assault reward for mage

kr_harvino

I am playing mage and have recently completed fort assault but am confused which reward to pick. Should i get arcane pendant for my character or the breastplate for grissenda. Grissenda currently has lionskin cuirass.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I am playing mage and have recently completed fort assault but am confused which reward to pick. Should i get arcane pendant for my character or the breastplate for grissenda. Grissenda currently has lionskin cuirass.

Personally, I usually choose the Ring of Health.

As a mage, I want the Amulet of Whispers as soon as possible, so the pendant won't be useful for long at that point. The Ring of Health is good even towards the end of the game, and it's also useful for all companions.

The magma sword and fire armor are excellent, but only for companions, and they will be replaced with better items early in the game. You won't be using them for long.
Post automatically merged:    

You can replace arcane pendant with Brother Ladan's Holy Symbol, so you cah pick that breastplate.

Nooooooo!
He needs the Amulet of Whispers!!!!!
It's the quintessential Mage necklace!!!
Everything else is for muggles ;)

kr_harvino

So if i get the breastplate should i equip my character with the lionskin cuirass? He currently has firedancer robes.

VDX_360

Staff member
Go for what ever you need most right now. Which will likely be the breastplate of the forge.

Both items are pretty good in the early game but will be outclassed pretty quickly by mid-game items.

So there's no real right, or wrong answer.

kr_harvino

Go for what ever you need most right now. Which will likely be the breastplate of the forge.

Both items are pretty good in the early game but will be outclassed pretty quickly by mid-game items.

So there's no real right, or wrong answer.
Are belts really necessary?
I was planning to get one from the mages guild but they're very expensive....

VDX_360

Staff member
Belts are not necessary.
The can offer additional benefits at a steep cost.
By mid-game, belts will be quite affordable.
If you are playing as a mage, the INT +2 belt can be useful, esp if you are using Staff Mastery.
The Agility belts can be useful to mages, too. Agility gives them a slight boost to defense and attack.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
As others have said, everything you get offered gets out-classed later in the game. So don't have FEAR OF MISSING OUT when picking. The question perhaps is more along the lines of what will you being doing that out-classes which items the fastest or slowest.

Magma Shortsword, if you joining the Warrior's Guild (you will not be, but almost all Warriors, and many Clerics, do) then the Magma Shortsword is junk as you can buy it in the Warrior's Guild. But outside of joining the Warrior's Guild, it's quite a while before you can get a better fire melee weapon be it Light, Hand or 2-Handed. For example Sword of Flames is available early if you find a travelling merchant but is 9.2 DPS vs the Magma Shortsword's 11.9 DPS. The damage-equivalent sword is a Deep Cauldron raid, the equivalent Axe is a Wyverntail Complex raid, you get a 2H firestick after/during Web of Terror.

Breastplate of the Forge would be better if, yeah, Lionskin Cuirass wasn't so good and available in the game so early. You get +9 Health and +10 Fire between the two... nice, but hardly worth raving about. It has better chest fire protection that other breastplates until Ashen, but realistically you'll be swapping it out the moment you can get better armoured armour; so the likes of Legion, Jewelled, and other AC4 items over the AC3 of Forge. If you're wanting to build companion Fire resistance on the cheap it's worth thinking about, but I never pick it.

The Ring of Health gives good Toxic resistance (+20), and is Limited, but you can get BUCKETS of Rings of the Frozen Hearts (+18) from the Crimson Hills, and the Greater Ring of Endurance (+30) is dropped by Manticores and in some dungeons.

Arcane Pendant, as other have said, Brother Ladan's Holy Symbol outclasses it; but that's quite a quest in and of itself. (And as is pointed out, it's not necessarily the best pendant out there).

IMO if you want something for you, Arcane Pendant. If you want a Companion bit of kit, Magma Shortsword.

kr_harvino

As others have said, everything you get offered gets out-classed later in the game. So don't have FEAR OF MISSING OUT when picking. The question perhaps is more along the lines of what will you being doing that out-classes which items the fastest or slowest.

Magma Shortsword, if you joining the Warrior's Guild (you will not be, but almost all Warriors, and many Clerics, do) then the Magma Shortsword is junk as you can buy it in the Warrior's Guild. But outside of joining the Warrior's Guild, it's quite a while before you can get a better fire melee weapon be it Light, Hand or 2-Handed. For example Sword of Flames is available early if you find a travelling merchant but is 9.2 DPS vs the Magma Shortsword's 11.9 DPS. The damage-equivalent sword is a Deep Cauldron raid, the equivalent Axe is a Wyverntail Complex raid, you get a 2H firestick after/during Web of Terror.

Breastplate of the Forge would be better if, yeah, Lionskin Cuirass wasn't so good and available in the game so early. You get +9 Health and +10 Fire between the two... nice, but hardly worth raving about. It has better chest fire protection that other breastplates until Ashen, but realistically you'll be swapping it out the moment you can get better armoured armour; so the likes of Legion, Jewelled, and other AC4 items over the AC3 of Forge. If you're wanting to build companion Fire resistance on the cheap it's worth thinking about, but I never pick it.

The Ring of Health gives good Toxic resistance (+20), and is Limited, but you can get BUCKETS of Rings of the Frozen Hearts (+18) from the Crimson Hills, and the Greater Ring of Endurance (+30) is dropped by Manticores and in some dungeons.

Arcane Pendant, as other have said, Brother Ladan's Holy Symbol outclasses it; but that's quite a quest in and of itself. (And as is pointed out, it's not necessarily the best pendant out there).

IMO if you want something for you, Arcane Pendant. If you want a Companion bit of kit, Magma Shortsword.
Thanks! I picked the arcane pendant.
I think lionskin cuirass is enough for gris for now.