Freeport

William hofer

I will try to see what they are doing if the are the origin of the madness I will ask them why if they attack and are stronger then me I will kill the queen first because she is the one who is preforming the ritual

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I will try to see what they are doing if the are the origin of the madness I will ask them why if they attack and are stronger then me I will kill the queen first because she is the one who is preforming the ritual

You notice the woman's eyes glow red like the citizens of Freeport. The man in red Thuramian armor finishes tracing the pentagram, lifts a hand, and the women becomes silent.

You reveal yourself and ask what they're doing, and why. The man turns to face you: "At last, my friend, you came! Just like I saw in the flames..."

You know that voice, you know that face... The man is Breno, Pyromage and Arcane Knight of Icemist!

Breno: "Thank you, my friend, for helping me find the Basalt Citadel in the fire elemental plane. It was necessary to prepare my Gate ritual. My first attempt in Deepfrost was a tragic failure, because I was missing a key ingredient... But today, my Gate ritual will finally be a success!"

Breno looks at the woman and says: "Cercei, Iron Queen of Mercia, get me my last ingredient! Get me HIS MUUD'ARI BLOOD!"

The Queen, eyes blazing with red flames, obeys instantly, with unnatural speed and agility. She jumps gracefully high above you, spinning gold chains with sharp blades at their tip, and hurls a chain down towards you!

William hofer

I will defend myself against the queen and kill breno because I knew something was wrong in the beginning breno could have easily outrun the red mages and teleported to the plane of fire but he did not then to defrost glaciers

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I will defend myself against the queen and kill breno because I knew something was wrong in the beginning breno could have easily outrun the red mages and teleported to the plane of fire but he did not then to defrost glaciers

With a strike of your sword, you deflect the Queen of Mercia's golden chain-blade, but her chain wraps around your weapon. She lands softly on the ground behind you, quickly pulls her chain and your sword goes flying in the air!

Arcane Pyro-Knight Breno unsheathes his broad sword, grabs his shield and casts a quick spell: "Burning rage, erupt from his heart! Engulf his mind in the fires of madness!"

Suddenly, a red light glows from your eyes. Thanks to your Muud'ari blood, your mind cannot be controlled. But your emotions flare up! You feel a boundless rage exploding deep within your heart. All you feel is burning rage!

Your sword has fallen to the floor near the smoldering lava pit. The Queen is standing in front of the cavern's river, preparing her chains for her next attack. Do you still attack Breno without your weapon? Or do you wish to try something else?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I will grab my weapon and strike breno as hard as I can

*Boss Music Intensifies*

Your heart magically filled with burning rage, you manage to stay focused on a single objective. You leap towards the smoldering lava pit, roll over and grab your weapon.

Breno lifts his broad sword high above his head in a precise gesture, tracing a red magical rune in the air. Breno's rune flares up and burns away completely, and suddenly the cavern's ceiling above you becomes red hot, melting into incandescent volcanic rock. An immense pointy stalactite breaks off and falls directly over your head!

Your powerful Muud'ari legs propel you towards Breno with the uncanny speed of a running carriage. The molten stalactite comes down crashing on the ground, just barely missing you. A splash of lava burns your leg, but you ignore the pain as you charge towards Breno...

Cercei, the Iron Queen of Mercia, eyes red with rage, lashes out in anger while your back is turned. Her golden chain-blade slashes through your back, piercing your armor, painfully lacerating your skin. But you ignore the pain and and charge on...

Breno, sword held high, smiles maniacally at the sight of the Queen's blade wounding you: "YES! I FINA..."
He stops half-sentence.
His smiles fades away.
His eyes widen in fear.
In a blink of an eye, with uncanny Muud'ari speed, you charged through the cave and plundged your weapon deep through Breno's Thuramian armor, through his rib cage, his heart exploding out of his back in a geyser of blood.

Breno falls to the floor in a pool of his own blood. You notice, attached to his neck, a small crystal shard made of basalt from the infernal Basalt Citadel, now starting to pulse with a blood-red flame... With his dying breath, Breno painfully smiles one last time, and says: "My... Gate... is... complete!"

Breno is dead.
The rage burning inside you dissipates.
The Queen's eyes don't glow red anymore. She screams in horror and disbelief: "What have I done?"
You notice a warm liquid dripping on your leg and to the floor. Your back wound is bleeding. Your blood stains the ground. Muud'ari blood. You're standing right in the middle of Breno's pentagram...

The pentagram suddenly pulses with a blood-red flame, and a Gate opens up to the infernal Basalt Citadel of the fire elemental plane! A thousand fire demons stand on the other side of the Gate, ready to invade Freeport and burn down the world!!!

The Queen of Mercia shouts in terror: "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!"

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I will tell the queen to remove the pentagram while I hold back the demons

You courageously stand before the Gate, pushing off terrifying fire demons as your right arm catches fire!

Queen Cercei hesitates, scared, ready to run away... But watching your heroic display of selflessness, she finds bravery in her heart and leaps towards you. She lands on top of Breno's corpse, grabs the basalt crystal pendant from his necklace, throws it at you and shouts: "I think this is it! Here, catch!"

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I will smash it with my weapon

Soundtrack: "Victory in Freeport!"

The Gate vanishes in a swirl of fire.
Your wounds hurt, but they will heal.
You won.

Queen Cercei of Mercia smiles at you, and takes your hand...

"Thank you, my hero. You saved me from Breno's spell. You saved the people of Freeport. You saved my Kingdom!"

Cercei kisses you softly on the cheek, blushing.

"The people of Freeport will need a new leader, a protector... As reward for your bravery, I, Queen of Mercia, name you Duke of Freeport! I must return to my castle in Freetown, but... Please, please... Come visit me, my hero!"

CONGRATULATIONS! :)
+150 000 XP
+75 000 Gold
+Sword of The Burning Heart
+Red Thuramian Armor

Last edited: