Game crashes when restoring saves from on-line data

0rion79

Hi David! Really happy to be back here.
I write you all here after reading about the latest news on Facebook but - as I have already written in the subject - I can't restore my online saves because the game crashes immediately thereafter.

When I follow the basic instructions, the game easily finds my older saves from my previous phone. It can be read:
"this is the data available: ZTE As017G thu jul 19 08:09:12 GMT +02:00 2018. Restore it overwriting your current data?"

When I click "yes" the game crashes and quits. What's the issue, doc?
Is it possible to manually recover my saved games or I am doomed to start over?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, just to clarify, this is not the beta, right?

It looks like a permission issue. Please check if you have given the game permission to access files.

If it comes to worst, you can recover your saves from Google Takeout.

0rion79

Hi! more drastically, I have made a test on my previous phone (kept as a backup, its battery is totally gone) and saves were fine.
Then I have totally removed EK from current phone and tried over from scratch (clearing data was not enough) and it worked!

PS: It's really a nice feeling to be back to such good game, I also appreciate all these little, nice equipment that you have introduced! Very well balanced so far.
Post automatically merged:    

Hello, just to clarify, this is not the beta, right?

It looks like a permission issue. Please check if you have given the game permission to access files.

If it comes to worst, you can recover your saves from Google Takeout.
And no, no beta.

Last edited: