How to? Get gold without XP?

How to do something?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
How do I make gold without gaining XP?

As of now, all I do is steal from chests behind brigands or witches and run away with my minuscule loot... It's not working great loll.

Anyone knows of a good spot to steal stuff without gaining XP? Or any other idea?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well, easiest way would be to loot a dungeon without killing anyone. Just loot all the chests, go out, sleep and go in again. It works with some dungeons for sure. Best loot (but not easy) would be in ark and sunken citadel, but you will need lot of speed potions. Easier is with Maze of lamph

Also stealth potions can be very useful for that to lose the aggro from mobs, use speed potion to flee, with enough distance use stealth and wait till they move away

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I'm currently level 7 and desperatly trying not to reach level 8. Staying weak is hard! Loll

Maybe I could survive a bit in the Maze, I'll try it out! There's excellent loot over there.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hmmm lvl 7 is hard. You need a dungeon with not much enemies and enough room to move without getting hit. You can go for plants and sell them, it would take very long to get money but not impossible. Blue orchid is easy to get and gives some coins, Lannegar mine is also possible to loot at that lvl without killing anyone Maze lvl one with lvl 7 is not impossible at all, you can loot some stuff without killing anyone, but it also takes some time.

What exactly is your goal?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
What exactly is your goal?

I'm doing a Varannari Shaman challenge. I've fixed a bunch of objectives to be reached before certain levels.

My current objective is to become an Animal Summoner at level 7. I've already learned Guardian Wolf I, Beast Master III (to summon the bear) and Summoner I. But my goal is to get to Summoner III during my 7th level, so I need to reset my skills to get rid of my Extra Recovery and put its points in Summoner.

I need 6000 gold for the skill reset. But I'm almost at level 8!!! It's super stressful. I really want to reach my objective. :)

p4ran0id

Staff member
OK yeah that will be hard for sure. Since you play cleric with intervention it should be easier to raid some dungeons for you compared to other builds.

Also you could optimize that Competition by using reset only at the end (6000 is not your first try for sure).

I recommend you to try looting the Maze, with 2 summoner and as a cleric it should be not that hard, just run to the chests and if needed use your summoner as distraction, just keep running so they won't kill the enemy and teleport to you

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I did it!!!

Now I have a big bad super wolf mouhahaha
I reset my skills, maxed out Summoner and Guardian Wolf and I have Beast Master II now. Nothing else loll.
My wolf is so much stronger than I am!!! It's glorious!!! I swear I don't even need to be there anymore, my wolf does everything by himself lolll

The bear though, even at 3 levels higher than I am, is underwhelming. He's barely useful. The only perk is there's no casting time to summon it. He just pops up instantly. Useful as a distraction while running away, but that's about it. He seems a lot weaker than the bears we fight in Khorne or in the Giants Mountains. Oh well, I love him anyway :)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Edit: I would like to present my apologies to M. Bear. Turns out he's decent in a fight! With +3 levels from Summoner, he's good!

My only regrets are his cooldown time duration. He can't be around for long nor often. And that's sad. I don't mind the low power of the bear, but I would have liked to be able to summon him more often, and for him to stick around for at least a few minutes. He dies quickly in a fight anyway. At least he would have kept me company. All I want is friendship, really :)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
JACKPOT!!!

If anyone's interested, I've found the best stuff to steal for an early game, no fight / no XP "get rich quick" scheme!

Bonegrinders!
Yep, the hammer Bonegrinder sells at 900 gold, and it's almost easy to steal. It can be found in 3 of the 5 chests in the Trollfens. 2 of those chests are easily accessible North and North West of the area. (The 3rd one is very deep South East of the swamp, and it crawls with trolls over there so don't even think about it...)

Obviously you still need to run or sneak past a bunch of trolls to get to the chests, but it can be done even at low-ish levels. Early game, stealing a few Bonegrinders will make you rich! Plus, there's also other good value items to be found in the chests like small rubies, big warrior shields and big cleric armor that sells for more than 300 gold each.

Child of Farth

troll area? bonegrinders?! so, it is true. thank you for sharing dude @Apocalypse
Post automatically merged:    

My strategy in that trollfens area is that I start from the North area luring the rats and trolls (not fighting them) to the east or north - east area and then I run to the Sydarun Oasis then Deadwood or straight to the South Jabal Hills (south side at the rock of South Jabal Hills) Then repeat the process from North of Trollfens until no enemies are visible near the chest in the north area of trollfens. I also do that to the chest in the north - west area of trollfens. eventually enemies are jam - packed in the east and north - east side of the trollfens. however this is only applicable in Hard Mode not Ironman.

Last edited: