Griss Build

TheNativeJim

Hey all, I just unlocked Griss and I'm curious on where to best direct her traits and skills to get the most out of her? Let me know thanks.

VDX_360

Staff member
Player preference and playing style is the controlling factor as any non-broken Gris build is going to go well.

1-H Shield Gris has a pretty solid defense and damage output.
2-H Gris can be an offensive beast, esp in later levels.

If you are going Light, or 1-H:
Max Shield Expert. It gives a huge defense bonus in the early game, and will make a significant impact on long dungeon runs.
Keep AGL at 1, get STR 4. This seems counter intuitive, but Gris needs STR for Heavy Hand, and the various gloves in the game will aid her AGL to allow damage boost to both weapon types. Note, that you need AGL to be even numbers to get a bonus to 1-H weapons (e.g. 2, 4, 6 etc).

If you are going 2-H:
Resetting her will let you re-allocated her starting traits and skill points. She starts with AGL 1, and points in Shield Expert -- which don't really help her as a 2-H beast. Other than get that STR 4.

For BOTH:
At least one point in Fury, Cleave and Whirlwind. That gives her a pretty good assortment of skills.
Heavy Hand is objectively the best increase in combat ability, give her 2 or 3 levels of Heavy Hand.

Afterthought, it's all personal preference.
Resilience is often avoided by players but it can be handy.
Body Development is a nice idea but requires END 4, which is a huge amount of trait points given how few trait points Companions get.
Massive Critical / Previsions Strikes are nifty, and one point in each is nice, but really up to personal preference.
Infantry Training for Gris isn't a bad skill but often passed by players. There's less of a penalty if she dies so less pressure to stop her from getting stunned. It makes a difference in long, end-game dungeons but it helps in the background so often players won't see the damage they avoided.

TheNativeJim

Pretty informative. Thank you very much. Is there a way I can reset my skills/Traits because early on I kind of spread all my points out and now wish I would have focused on one thing.

VDX_360

Staff member
Each guild has a person that will reset your skills (Thieves guild, warriors guild).