Guide: the Knight, a Warrior build

Eliadann

Hi all,

Here it comes The Knight, a build for warrior class.

The Knight follows the principles of honor and righteousness. In order to deliver justice and banish the evil, he wears full plate armour, shield and sword. In combat, he will hit enemies with deadly precision, and always be in the right place to receive minimum damage. And he bathes twice a day, and keeps his armor and sword perfectly clean.

Traits

Knights have one primary and two secondary traits, among strength, endurance and agility. Primary can be either strength or agility, leading to two sub-builds of the Knight, Templar (strength) and pure knight (agility). Both of them have pros and cons. Templar has more HP and better handling of hand weapons, but less armor than the knight, that sacrifices some HP and sticks to mastering light weapons in exchange for better armor. Concept and gameplay for both remains the same.

Take into account that for knights, each point in AGI grants you 1 armor and 1 damage for your light weapons. Odd numbers are just fine. As for strength is concerned, each point grants you 1 damage for your hand weapons, but every two points will increase your health at rate of 1 per level. So, try to have even numbers to max benefit off strength. Two points in STR and 1 in AGI, or two in AGI and one in END might be a good start for level 1.

Skills

Shield Expertise is the pillar for the knight. You are aiming to have the best armor to minimize damage. Max it as soon as possible.
Bash is your activable skill. You will use it to split enemies with no honor and fight them one by one, or to stun. One point is bash is enough until you have mastered other skills.
Resilience. This is emergency armor you will pop in when you fight large groups, bosses or tough enemies, or when enraged.
Fury. Increases your damage when your health is below 35%. First, you want to have a lot of health, especially if you are a templar, and you´ll be putting points in END now and then. Second, thanks to your armor and gameplay, you take minimum damage, so you last longer while in fury.

You are not putting any points in "barbaric" things like charge or whirlwind. You are a civilized knight, that engages, delivers and takes blows in a proper way. Forget about bows.

Gear

The biggest armor, looking for HP first. Carry several swords so you can swap them if you find resistant enemies. Carry with you low HP potions (see below).

Gameplay

Pay attention to damage you´re receiving from enemies. If you get hit by same number repeteadly (tipically 2 or 3), it probably means you are receiving minimum damage so your armor is maxed against such an enemy and popping resilience wouldn´t change anything. Remember that each 3 points in armor set an amount you substract from each blow. The Knight in the video below has 18 armor, so he reduces between 6 and 18 from each blow. When he pops resilience, his armor raises to 26 and the reduction is higher.

Play smart with Fury skill. When you get to that point, it is good that you go slow and pop resilience if it helps, and now the key thing. It is better to go with small and cheap health potions that won´t take you out of fury level, than popping a large and expensive potion that will make fury go off. You cannot do this at low levels of course, but you will. Maximizing usage of fury skill is probably the main tactical aspect about playing a knight. In the video below, Earnür, a level 8 knight, raises his DPS from 13,4 to 19,1 when in Fury, and this is rank II with a blue steel shortsword.

Use bash wisely. It is very useful to split enemies, but also to stun a single one and then run up to him and deliver a few blows without response.

Here´s the video with some gameplay. Hope you like, and trust The Knights. For justice.

https://youtu.be/FEq6It8OOsM

Thanks!

- Elia

Ethan185

Very nice video I like how you put alot of effort into btw what app u use to add music. Although i like the video tbh can't really say much about the build definitely prefer pure ranger rogue

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
For me, Cleave and Whirlwind would be most useful skills.

Eliadann

Alan_SP":19i6i0qw said:
For me, Cleave and Whirlwind would be most useful skills.

They are, indeed. My point is about this particular build or way of playing a warrior. In other builds I of course focus on whirlwind, cleave and charge

- Elia

Sir ShanksAlot

I built a 2h warrior. Currently level 8. Maxed Cleave, Whirlwind is lvl 2, Fury lvl 2, Two hand expert lvl 2, will max those as well. Traits I did , Strength 4, Endurance 3, Agility 1 (Just for some Armor, will probably cap at 3 or 4). I like to Keep Strength 1 above Endurance and will alternate between leveling them.

He has 206 hp, full plate mail, super tanky and can one hit a swarm no problem.

Damage - 21-34 +4 Fire , DPS 28.6.

I did Web of Terror no problem with this build, but did use pots (The big boy HP pots).

Eliadann

I have a 2 hander warrior too. I will open a thread with a guide to such a build soon, with a vídeo and everything else.

Thanks,

- Elia

Tokyobell

this is my 2 hand build.... i still don't have the right weapon.....

where should i find it? quests? drop? or merchant?

Attachments

• 1459249889896.jpg
    1459249889896.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 22,361

Marlah

Translator
I did my warrior like barbarian and I focus endurance and strength my companion is warrior who focused on all defence and I am using her as tank.. And I want teach advanced skills to my companion too it ca be really awesome tank with body development...

yükle resim