Hardest Boss

KYTX

Translator
Don't have Flurry. Haven't tried the Ankh yet, sounds promising. On the other hand, you can't have more than one Ankh, what if David adds a level 50 boss in his next update? I barely have time to drink apple juice and Potions of Clarity. +12 armor from Potions of Galade won't make a noticeable dent in his attack figures though, will it?

Deleted member 28869

+12 armor from Potions of Galade won't make a noticeable dent in his attack figures though, will it?
Oh it definitely will, especially when you have a shield.
Won't hurt trying. Rip my healer though. And monster may start regenerating if i run too far away.
Don't worry about your healer, just run away enough until it stops attacking you and heal up.

Xen

Loreseeker
You wouldn't run too far, just three seconds out of its attack range is enough in order to pop one potion without overwhelming you with its barrage of attacks

VDX_360

Staff member
EDIT: A string of random off-topic spam like posts are getting deleted.

Ipalalien

Don't have Flurry. Haven't tried the Ankh yet, sounds promising. On the other hand, you can't have more than one Ankh, what if David adds a level 50 boss in his next update? I barely have time to drink apple juice and Potions of Clarity. +12 armor from Potions of Galade won't make a noticeable dent in his attack figures though, will it?

Mod Note: Deleted screen shots.

This is My Build When I Defeat Him

Nothing Crazy But It Will Do The Job

I Can Only Defeat Him With Hirge Continuously Heal And Scroll Of Restoration, And 3 Potions Of Lesser Restoration Plus Ankh Of Life

VDX_360

Staff member
EDIT: Thread open again. There was some weirdness in the thread. Unsure of cause.
Thread open again. IF anyone's comment was accidentally deleted, or modded in error, sorry about that.

VDX_360

Staff member
@KYTX , isn't the lazy boss FIRE based? Would you be better served with increasing fire resistance? FIre resist rings, fire resist cloak, fire resist necklace, fire resist potions? That might be the edge you need.

Fjfgjfx

I'm playing on Casual, my warrior is level 30 and I have tried about 30 times by now and can't kill the lazy bastard! I have apple juice and Hirge with Circle of Restoration scrolls and max healing skill. I almost get him but he goes Rage or whatever and kills me in 2-3 blows. It looks like I've got to grind a few more levels (paiiin) or retrain just for that monster (not fun).

Ps: 1) he often paralyzes me while i have my spirit resistance at around 140 wtf, 2) at his rate of damage there seem to be no point in boosting my armor much further (depending on my gear it's 50-60 points) so my only option is boost my damage. I use adamantium sword (banishing!). Also my hp is at 600 and I'd need A LOT more for juice and CoR scrolls to work better. I'm just out of ideas at this stage.

My build below

Flurry would be good while flanking and in the fury mode
Post automatically merged:    

@KYTX , isn't the lazy boss FIRE based? Would you be better served with increasing fire resistance? FIre resist rings, fire resist cloak, fire resist necklace, fire resist potions? That might be the edge you need.
He can paralyzed you like the parasite and mirmek queen

Last edited:

KYTX

Translator
Thank you all for your response. My summary of things to try will probably look like this:
- Loot King of Korne once more
- Try to up my fire resist. Although I'm pretty sure the demon deals mostly physical damage. But I'll try anyway
- Run and heal. Sorry Hirge!
- Ankh of life
- Retrain for more STR and Flurry (req. AGI 6 though)
- Elixir of Glade
- Grind mah levelssss

Happy gaming everyone! Btw David, I love the music choice for Elder Forest. I now come there to zone out and relax.

RanKor33

I managed to beat him with an L24 Cleric with an L23 Grissenda, and this was with my screwup assuming Spirit damage (Spirit Cleaver) could cause more damage but was actually healing it. Grissenda turned out to be the primary damage dealer with the Adamantite Greatsword and hitting it from behind. My attacks was useless because of the healing, so I just made it my point to keep it focused on damaging my Cleric while I spammed Rejuvination Potions and relied on Intervention III to keep me alive that this boss could not out-DPS even with his Fury.

Whoever said what you get as loot from what you spend to kill this thing was spot on, I'd rather just have all my Rejuvinate Potions back.