Help - Grissenda DPS for a Cleric

Zankor

Translator
Hello all,

Does someone has a Good DPS build (traits, skills, and advanced skills, eventually armor/weapons) for Grissenda when we are playing a cleric?

I saw a lot of Grissenda Tank build for rogue, mage, etc..., but not DPS build when using a cleric who can heal her.

Thank you in advance and good adventure.

Last edited:

Molokot

2h grisenda + adamantite sword at level 24 she can have 7,5,3 ,1,1,0. 3 x2h expert 2 fury 2 cleave 3 precision strikes 3 massive criticals 2 body building. She is strongest dps regardless what class you are playing. To get her to such stats you need to feed her books , otherwise she may end at something like 5,4,3,1,1,0 and she will still work. Before you get adamantite sword you can use 2h sword + fire or kurg ape maul and then sword from giant boss or if u kill minotaur king in maze his axe.

Made in Heaven

With Grissenda's Raging Ashen Minotaur Build she will be a beast in battle.
Cleave 3
Fury 3
Two H Expert 3
(Advance Skill)
[Little bit Tanky]
Body Development 3
Massive Crit 3
Precision Strike 3
[Full Damage]
Massive Crit 3
Heavyhand 3
Precision 3
Weapon I use to her
[Endgame]
{Axe of Galade(Minotaure Kings Axe), Adamantite Sword,Demon Claw,Pneumatic Mallet}
[Mid Game]
{Executioner Axe, Rancor, and Light Claymore(Drop from Giant in Sanctuary Peak)}
[Early Game]
{Wild Thunder,Cruelty,Minotaur Axe,Bluesteel Two Handed Weapons}
NOTE: This what I used for high damage Gris. If you want high dps maybe the agility build gris would help.

Zankor

Translator
Thank you Molokot and Varsil for your advices.

It will be very useful for me and I am sure for other players too ;)

Have a good day and adventure.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Executioner's Axe is very obtainable from Irazur Tomb. I would always give Griss Heavyhand III, that +5 per hit is too good to miss on the DPS. Yes due to speed-per-time-unit it works better on Light, then Hand, but it's still nothing to ignore with 2H particularly if DPS is what you're after. If you're doing high Body Development III then Fury III becomes less useful as it triggers less often; but as-or-more importantly if you're not raising Endurance very much but dumping into Strength then BD III becomes a very high 6 points investment. BD II on the other hand (3 points total) is different as the second level of it relates to Strength and that leaves you 3 points to spend elsewhere.

But for DPS consider Agility Griss and Light, fast weapons. You trigger Heavyhand more often, you trigger more Criticals per 'unit of time' compared to slower weapons, but also note Light weapons have a much higher critical chance, typically 6% or 7%. Greatswords are about 4%, Mauls can be 3%. The combination of a higher percentage plus rapid-fire triggering makes Light some excellent Critical weapons. Yes, they do less damage per critical - but they still trigger then auto-kill. And Light means she also gets a Shield, and Agility works on defence too, plus Shield Expert is stupid cheap. Think about that Shield for a moment. You get the direct Armor increase, you might get a Elemental resistance, you remove at least of your armour value 40% from the opponent strike not 20%, and it buffs with Expert. Does this make her Tanky? More Tanky than 2-Handed, sure, but the point is not necessarily at the cost of DPS. You can get Icicle early (standard Falchion is purchasable before that), then you have the choice of focusing on obtaining Spirit Breaker / Sonnet, Primal Icicle, Dancing Flame, Lightning Falchion, Hunter's Machete, Shadow Blade and of course Adamanite. Other than that, thickest armour and shield you can find, and something with Stability.

One of the massive advantages of 2-H is maximising hits from Whirlwind and Charge. She only gets WW and she won't use it optimally e.g. she will push Fire Demons into Lava, she'll toss away enemies you were about to hit/Skill, etc.

Molokot

Meh stonedwolf , you dont understand 2h Geisenda at all.She completly doasnt need any havy hand (well it wouldnt hurt, but even if u will give her skill books, she wouldnt have enough skillpoints for that) 2h weapons deals so much damage that havy hand is insignificant, its true that 2h sword crit is disapointing , but still with crit skill maxed its 10% and that triggers often enough. And Fury is simply basic damage boost for her. Anytime she dies , she has only 50% hp later , so its easy to keep her at fury activation almost all the time. It has nothing to do with body developement, actualy more hp warrior has, more easy it is to maintain fury. And no matter how much you love to use rogue weapons on all characters, warriors are 10X better with their own weapons. Also Grisenda cant have charge , and whirlwind is no good because it throws mobs away from you , and then you waste time on catching up to them , and loose dps.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Meh stonedwolf , you dont understand 2h Geisenda at all.

I got a message you'd made a direct response to me. I made the decision to momentarily take you off Ignore. You need to work on your people skills.

Though I like playing her from an PRG perspective, I understand 2H Griss is strictly inferior in every meaningful calculus to Agility Griss. Relying on one hit in ten to save your skin is not optimal. You can muddle-through suboptimally but it's not optimal. Little wonder your 2H Griss is forever picking herself up off the floor having been smashed to bits even with Body Development. I'd be Furious with that Specification too.

Let's look at the data. As you say, maxed Precision Strikes Greatsword gets 10% Critical hits; with a Light weapon its around 17%. Now let's look at Weapon Speed, many Light weapons are 34% faster than Greatswords (though Magma Dagger and Shadow Blade, each impressive weapons, are 45%, but lets put those to the side, they're not most). Now let us consider 100 seconds of combat, that's enough of a timeframe for us to see how the averages average-out. The majority of great Greatswords (all the ones that get most use) have Speed 9 which is 9 attacks every 20 seconds, for 45 attacks per 100 seconds; of these 10% will be Critical. The Light weapons (be they Dagger or Shortsword) are Speed 12, for 12 attacks per 20 seconds, or 60 per 100 seconds; of those 17% of those will be Critical. To summarise: every 100 seconds Griss gets 4.5 Criticals with a Greatsword, in the same time she gets over TEN Criticals with Light weapons. So she's around 130% more likely to Critical with a Light weapon than 2H. (Weapon Speed also means Heavyhand III for +5 damage on a Greatsword is equivalent to 6.7 damage on a Light weapon).

As you note Griss doesn't get many Skill points. By definition, 2H Griss costs 6 more points just to get to a baseline than Agility Griss. To make a 2H Griss literally takes 6 skill points away from a different Skill. AND it costs you armour, both direct from Agility AND from a Shield, and the longer you stay upright the longer you can dish out the damage.

If you want visual fun and RPG flavour, fill your boots.

DPS Griss is Light Griss.

- - -

EDIT #1: there is an argument to be made for single piece of large damage overcoming high armor values, particularly on the (relatively few) enemies with Shields. That's true. But that's also balanced by Elemental damage which bypasses armor, because Light weapons hit more often that Elemental damage gets through more often. On average +5 Elemental Greatsword damage becomes +6.7 on Light weapons, just as on average the +5 Heavyhand becomes +6.7; but situationally it's a second trigger of +5, so if you're getting another hit in before the enemy hits, it can be enough of a difference to kill, and thus you get no damage from the return hit - destroyed enemies don't hit back. And we should not forget that full Elemental damage gets through the Cleave.

EDIT #2: I admit these stats do not take into account the 10% Stun chance from 2H Expert. I admit that's great. A two-second stun provides, on average, 0.9 attacks from a Greatsword. Not-quite-but-almost one full free hit per 10 hits.

EDIT #3: does this mean player Warriors should be Light? They can be. 2H, Hand, and Light Warriors can all be built to be killers. But players get more Skill points than Companions, also Charge and Whirlwind, and maximised one can back-and-forth between them using player skill to use them optimally in ways the AI will not. But player Light Warriors are nothing to sniff at either, they also get Duel and Flurry in addition to Criticals and Heavyhand and armor. (And of course Hand players get the mighty Infantry Training, so all three have something Unique for their build).

Last edited:

Molokot

Yes , yes, i know what YOU like to play, there is nothing wrong with that, because playing games are about having fun, and if that is fun for you, then it is best Grisenda for you. Just objectively its a crappy Grisenda, and you shouldnt advice other people who ask what is actualy the best , to use it.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Molokot, I'm not sure the word "objectively" means what you think it means.

Objectively, based on numerous dungeon and battle data, both an agility Griss and 2-H Gris can be quite effective.... so is 1-H Griss. Which build edges out the other is dependent on playing style and exact situation. And that is based on numerous play throughs tracking Actual Damage, Damaged Received, and XP / Hour, potion use ... as well as other factors.

And that makes sense, or the game just wouldn't be balanced.

It's okay to feel strongly about a certain build, or playing style. It's even okay to point out the short-commings of another build. But, be mindful of crossing into insulting terms.

Esp, when the insult is objectively inaccurate.

Have a wonderful week.

Molokot

Well its true, that it requires to set specific conditions to make accurate comparison, and if you choose specific playstyle , you will also most likely look for enviroment that suits it, just 2h grisenda works regardless of any enviroments and she kills fine evrything ,Lazy Devil included.
I am assuming that you will end game at level 24-27 and dont care much about how fast you can kill bears and wolves at low levels, Also above I described exactly 2h grisenda build i am talking about. I happen to have now level 24 cleric and i will test speed of clearing forboidden pit with both types of Grisenda , to make sure I am not wrong on this, but i need to be in mood for that , so it can take few days.