HELP - I lost the key to the quest "key to the past"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzikiy

Hi,
I lost the key to the quest "key to the past". At the beginning of the game, I gave the scroll and took the key. Then the key disappeared, but I didn't pay any attention to it. Now I understand that without the key I can not pass the game. Please help me, where can I get this key?

Dmitri

Loreseeker
Did you by any chance enter the upper levels of Tremadan's tower?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
The Mysterious Key shouldn't be able to disappear since it's a quest item and those are not droppable or sellable.
Are you sure you haven't put it in a vault or chest somewhere?
Also, what exactly does your questlog for the "key to the past" quest say?

VDX_360

Staff member
As stated above, the key --should-- be rather difficult to drop. Most often when people can't find the key, it's because they put it into a Town Vault Chest and forgot about it. So if you have a Town Vault Chest, accessible at Town Halls, check those.

You get the key in the Magister's house.
You loose the key when you gain access to the main part of the tower (after using one of the elemental crystals).

So if you already have access to the Tower, you might have used the key already.

Wiki on this quest is here.

Dzikiy

There's no key in the city safe, I looked it up. There is no access to the tower, I tried to go in. In the tasks, he writes that I need to go to the master's house (from which I was taken to prison), but I was there and killed two NPCs and there was a corpse, I searched it, it was empty. Also in the tasks he writes that Adaon is gone but he can join me later, but Adaon has been running with me for a long time.

VDX_360

Staff member
Okay... did you check the corpse with the Mysterious Letter in your inventory?

If you AWA 1, or Adaon, you should get a hint about having the letter with you when you check the body. That is what concludes the Quest A Mysterious Letter and triggers the start of the quest, A Key to the Past.

It's possible the key you had belonged to another quest. There's a few keys in the game.

timka

I ran into the same problem, I've even completed the quests to gather crystals but the key just gone when I tries to go back to tower after playing for another 10 hour-ish. I loaded an earlier save, the key cannot be sold or dropped or even stored into any random chests or body loot, I don't understand how it is in neither my town hall vault nor my backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.