[HELP] Optimal Cleric Build?

vinilzord

Hey guys, how are you?

So, I'm playing as a Cleric on Hard and I'm completely new to this game.

I searched about different builds for Cleric but it's still not clear which one is the best to kill the hardest enemies in the game and pretty much clear all content. So far I'm going with a Sacred Fire build, PER > STR > AGI. I'll post below traits and skills for both the character and Grissenda (I just restat her to an AGI build).

What I want is to be able to support her and dish out some damage, either with Sacred Fire or flanking hits. But Grissenda needs to be tanky and capable of dealing most of the damage. That's pretty much it.

I have noticed that I'm having a harder time with ranged enemies because they are spread out and end up focusing on me, while melee enemies surround Grissenda (they get obliterated by 1-2 Sacred Fire). For example, yesterday I was exploring the outskirts of Freetown, the ranged Outlaws kicked my ass and completely ignored her.

What am I doing wrong? Should I go for PER/AGI instead?

Molokot

South of a place where you meet Hirge there are 2 manticores guarding skeletons. It is possible to sneak near them and pick bone maul, that has 9-12 damage+ stun. If you combine it with maxed abernos might its overkill at low levels. As to build, then you put way too much points into personality,in this game it completlyy doasnt matter if you are warrior rogue cleric or mage, still need to get first 3 inteligence 2 awarness and 3 personality, then get also other things to 2 and later will most likely also need 3 strenght and 4 endurance. Thats about stats.
Cleric can join either warrior guild and thats simple no brainer build, loved by all noobs. Or can join cleric guild and rely on buffs and 2h weapons.
That is theoreticly way stronger, but buffs has short duration and you need to recast them all the time , so its rather inconvenient. Then maybe join warrior guild, and also walk for a while with hirge in Varsilia capitol to unlock temple and learn how to summon wolf.Also put skill point in finding hidden doors, it will help you a lot. Sacred fire can help while fighting strong undead monsters, but otherwise it is so so. So you cant realy rely on it all the time.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Hi vinilzord!
There's an interesting combo for clerics, with the skill Intervention and a bunch of mana potions. You can become extremely hard to kill!

There's also the summoning path you may try out. Near Freetown, in the wizard's guild's enclave, you can buy Scrolls to summon one Fire Elemental. Not only are they immune to fire, but they even gain life from fire attacks. In the enclave near Nivaria, there are Scrolls of Ice Elementals, who also gain life from cold attacks. They're mage spells, but clerics can use the scrolls if they have 3 or 4 INT. A good summon is perfect to take hits and arrows in your place! And your Healing spell will also heal your summon! If you get into the wizard city of Icemist, you can learn the skill 'Summoner' there, to boost the level of your summoned creatures.

I'm currently playing the "START A CULT" challenge with my cleric, she's super strong with her army of followers, boosted with the 'Battle Prayer'. You can check it out for ideas!

EK Constraint Challenge
'CLERIC CHALLENGE: Start a Cult!'
By Apocalypse

Trace Da Cruz

Hey guys, how are you?

So, I'm playing as a Cleric on Hard and I'm completely new to this game.

I searched about different builds for Cleric but it's still not clear which one is the best to kill the hardest enemies in the game and pretty much clear all content. So far I'm going with a Sacred Fire build, PER > STR > AGI. I'll post below traits and skills for both the character and Grissenda (I just restat her to an AGI build).

What I want is to be able to support her and dish out some damage, either with Sacred Fire or flanking hits. But Grissenda needs to be tanky and capable of dealing most of the damage. That's pretty much it.
Hello, I can see you are fairly early in the game. As a cleric player myself I can tell you that mid to late game, they get really strong in either guild...

First of all, You should look for Tremedan's Tower, in which you will find the now better "Crushing Ember", there's also a vulcan maul and a blessed chain shirt in a secret area in the quest "Princess of the Sea" (just left to the bridge)

My early build is Heal Wounds, Crusader, Nivaria's Barrier, and Arbenos Might, in that order, just distribute those skill points as you afford it, I don't use Intervention, but you are safe with it anyway.

For Griss, you are actually doing right, once you beat her quest, she will get Infantry Training, and Body Development, which is my personal favorite build for her, she gets really hard to beat, with immunity to stun, crits. negation, and a lot of HP.

I usually join the church, so I get Battle Prayer, which helps a lot to support your party, and stacks with Arbenos Might.
If you choose Warriors guild, There's duel, and Heavy Hand to make up for your low damage output... It's up to you.

Edit: I overlooked your trait points, so I have to suggest you to not underestimate PER 3 for Griss and END 3, and STR as well, in order to get the mentioned skills, stun immunity does not work with light weapons, and more armor is not necessarily more resistance, -not all damage is physical.

As for you, you are going to need cover trait checks, so spend some in your INT and AWA.

Last edited: