(Help) Path Of The Deer Quest

Jasono18

So I was up in the Elder Forest when I initiated the quest and I found out from a YouTube video that I needed to get the Winter Wail sword.

The issue is that I had already been in the lair that contained the sword and I had defeated the boss. I know I did not take everything from the chests or the corpse which should have the sword.

The chests and the corpse upon me looting them for items had nothing at all, not a single item or money. The boss didn't respawn either and the only enemy there was the imp.

I'm not sure if I took the sword or not but if I did then I don't know what I have done with it. I checked every place including my home in New Garand to see if I may have left it there on accident.

I still haven't found it and I'm really afraid that I could have messed up the quest. Please let me know if there's anyway I could resolve this issue!

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
There should have been a quest item warning if you left the sword in the chest., or if it dropped to the ground. If you still left it in the chest, or it fell to the ground due to a full inventory, it's lost for good.

Jasono18

There should have been a quest item warning if you left the sword in the chest., or if it dropped to the ground. If you still left it in the chest, or it fell to the ground due to a full inventory, it's lost for good.

That sucks, I don't think I received a warning so I must have taken it. Thanks anyway, I guess I'll not repeat the same mistake if I ever replay the game.

Just wondering, do these quests stay in your journal forever then?