How come there was no non evil stun immune item in what I understand was probably the final update?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well I was many years nr1 in Ironman leaderboard with my mage. Besides the one time I got stunned from undermother I never had such problems. And even during that fight it was my mistake

Most important is, that you always keep distance between you and such enemies. Also sometimes it's better not to get their aggro, for example in forbidden pit its better not to attack as mage or if you do only a few times so the enemy won't start to attack you. And if needed just run away, speed potions are must have for Ironman mages, I had to flee very often, nothing to be ashamed of as long as you survive.

Kakost

Most important is, that you always keep distance between you and such enemies. Also sometimes it's better not to get their aggro, for example in forbidden pit its better not to attack as mage or if you do only a few times so the enemy won't start to attack you. And if needed just run away, speed potions are must have for Ironman mages, I had to flee very often, nothing to be ashamed of as long as you survive.
Exactly. IM is for when you want the experience of wanting to have to take constant care with your actions. And having some common sense to now when to run, fall back, live to fight another day. It is not supposed to be getting in heads on guns blazing. It requires carefully planning and patience.

If one does not want to have to play it with the necessary patience and just wants to have casual fun but that it still be challenging, play on Hard.

If you're on IM and knows you'll be facing stun and paralysis, prepare accordingly. First, carefully push the companion in front of you before the fight begins, or maneuver to get under their cover. In the example of the Undermother, dont just casually go challenge her to a duel to death. Carefully push your companion and preferably a summon and a merc to have them lined up between you and her on a distance that you can initiate dialog, so that when the fight breaks, your gang will be already on top of her. Is that troublesome to set up perfectly? Yeah, it will take a few seconds of your time, and most likely require you to move back and forth a few times before it is set perfectly but hey, that's what it means to play IM, it means having attention to detail and truly strive to have the best possible outcomes.

Other than that, plan the needed resistances for both def and attack, plan for required potions and scrolls, and stack a plan A, B and C (have summon scrolls, resistance pots, health, mana, speed and sometimes even invisibility, Hero pots and perhaps even a Tragic Hero pot followed by a heal before the fight begins and things like that)

EDIT: first time I fought the unweakened spider momma she didnt hit me. I saw your video brother, and it was all fine, just one tiny mistake that obviously can happen to anyone. But what I do differently is that I NEVER stand on the side of my gang. My Mage was Elementalist first time, so all summons were weak scroll summons, more distractions than anything, but my thing is, I always position myself to keep BEHIND the gang at all times, no matter what. If the critter moves, I stop attacking all togheter and turn around, until Im firmly positioned undoubtedly behind my precious Griss. I never stand on one of the sides. That makes if far harder to reach me, since the critter has to put Griss to sleep, to which I just run and wake her up, or the critter has to ignore Griss and turn around her, which gives me enough time to run.

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yep full ack, the fun on Ironman runs is the thrill to be dead every second. It took me over 10 tries before I reached arch and finished the game. Death is the fun part of the game, because you learn a lot from that and you can be proud if you get further.

Most not so funny part was IM archer run, I killed the parasyte and quit the game during end scene to upload the video. When I reloaded it I was stucked in upper lvl with no way out. The character was burned, even if it was because of a glitch I never used backup because it would be wrong. Only few updates later when we could set difficultly down I reactivated it and used for testing new areas, but it wasn't Ironman anymore

Kakost

Well, after finishing the main plot, I still havent went to SoH or Temple of the Ancients. Im doing Warrior for now. Im not in the mood to dealing with the undoubtedly stress that will come from those, so my lvl 24 Mage is on standby. To do those I'll have to carefully study the words of the Oracle of Wiki and be super duper well prepared, and Im not in the mood for that. My Melee Rogue trials were... A disaster... So I put that to a rest, now going for a Warrior IM run. Someday when Im with the disposition I'll do SoH and ToA with my Mage, but that's the thing, I must be with the proper mindset to do it.

Maybe afterward I'll go Cleric, and finally after that I'll go back to my beloved Mage (the other reason why I gave it a stop is because there'll be nothing else to do afterwards)

My real challenge will be finally being able to play Rogue IM. That one to me will be the real deal to me; some day I'll try it again.