How to kill The Abbot (Cursed Abbey Quest) (spoilers!)

DetectiveDoctor

I've talked to the demon in the Hellish Cave. I have the St Admus chilling as a ghost in the center of my Abbey. I've exhausted all options with both. Abbot is still immortal. I go and read his book. Then I talk to both again. Nothing changed. I killed the demon. No change. What do I need to do?

According to the wiki, I need to talk to the demon, then read the book, then talk to Saint Ghosty, then kill the abbot. I did all that but the abbot still gives me the immortal text after it all. Am I glitched or did I miss something?

Edit: I've found the solution. The book in his room *must* be read after talking to the demon. Reading it beforehand doesn't trigger the necessary options with the Saint to make the abbot vulnerable. (note: the reading of this book is listed as "optional" in the wiki. it isn't.)

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes! It's not uncommon for people to get snagged at that exact point. If you read the book BEFORE you talk to the demon, you don't get much from it. But when you read it AFTER talking to the demon, your character has some idea of what he/she is looking to find in the book.

Maybe the wording can be improved on the Wiki....

I hope you were able to send the Abbot to his well deserved retirement.

VDX_360

Staff member
No worries. It's Players vs. Developer Dave. (He really does want to kill off all our Characters.)