How to? How to make a shield warrior to play in Iron Man?

How to do something?

Wilhelm Wastrow

That's not how it works. Increasing AGI will increase damage way more for Light weapon than for normal 1H; with high AGI, your Light weapons will end up doing way more damage than 1H, especially once you take into consideration that Light weapons are faster.
The new content includes a few nifty light weapons for warriors that might pair well with your plan.

Some feedback:
1) Warriors tend to be more effective with 1-H or 2-H weapons. The occasional light weapon (esp in early game) might help here-and-there, but long term if you want to use a shield, go with a 1-H weapons.

That was a quote from one of the team members.

Kakost

The new content includes a few nifty light weapons for warriors that might pair well with your plan.

Some feedback:
1) Warriors tend to be more effective with 1-H or 2-H weapons. The occasional light weapon (esp in early game) might help here-and-there, but long term if you want to use a shield, go with a 1-H weapons.

That was a quote from one of the team members.
That depends on either you build your warrior with primary Strenght and with Infantry Training, or if you build them with Agility and Flurry (you need AGI 6 for Flurry).

This means that 1H warriors are a bit more defensive than Light warriors, but the damage output is VASTLY inferior.

Without Flurry, the Shield warrior damage is really, really low. Overall, Light weapons for high AGI with Flurry will be a better option than 1H warrior built with Str for that reason.

Commiades

I've started another 1-h warrior on IM. This time AGI build. The start was a little slow as early weapons are weak, but the Magma Shortsword, Sonnet and Icicle turn things around, and later game weapons are even better - Hunter's Machete, Shadow Blade, Dancing Flame and Nanocarbon Scalpel. Medium weapons are bland by comparison.

Faster weapons get a 20% to 30% bonus on the DPS of Heavyhand and Duel over medium ones. And critical hits are better too - more hits per second and a higher chance of a crit.

I knew this (for rogues), but figured Infantry Training was worth it. It's stolid by comparison.
Post automatically merged:    

The other pro to this is using the Light weapon Sonnet (something like that) which is one of the best weapons in the game. With Flurry it gets insane
With a rogue, Sonnet is often overshadowed by other weapons and is a bit niche. I now see what you mean with a warrior.

The Infantry Training warrior is Level 18 and had an easy time. The AGI one is not 14 and feels quicker and more fun.

Last edited:

Kakost

I've started another 1-h warrior on IM. This time AGI build. The start was a little slow as early weapons are weak, but the Magma Shortsword, Sonnet and Icicle turn things around, and later game weapons are even better - Hunter's Machete, Shadow Blade, Dancing Flame and Nanocarbon Scalpel. Medium weapons are bland by comparison.

Faster weapons get a 20% to 30% bonus on the DPS of Heavyhand and Duel over medium ones. And critical hits are better too - more hits per second and a higher chance of a crit.

I knew this (for rogues), but figured Infantry Training was worth it. It's stolid by comparison.

With a rogue, Sonnet is often overshadowed by other weapons and is a bit niche. I now see what you mean with a warrior.

The Infantry Training warrior is Level 18 and had an easy time. The AGI one is not 14 and feels quicker and more fun.
Yeah, both builds are viable, but I feel that AGI-Flurry-Light warrior is slightly better