I guess im a mage now...

Slayyerlol

Well my newbie warrior cleric run ended in an utter failure... So now i am playing as a mage. I am level 11 already and below are my traits and skills. I've heard that mages are really complex classes, so i need a lot of help. Right now i cannot decide between a summoner, or... the other one.

Traits:

STR 0
END 3
AGI 2(3)
INT
AWA 2
PER 2

Skills:

Lightning Bolt II
Fireball II
Ice Storm II
Mage Armour III
Staff Mastery II
Mana Surge II

Also, my goal is to get the best defense and mana, since i donot think DPS would be very helpful for this class.(If it is, then i am so relieved posted this before i went and did something incredibly stupid.)

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Staff mage lv11
Str 2(go to 3 for massive criticals)
End 3(for arcanist)
Agi 3(for damage)
Int 4(for damage)
Awa 2(for quests and damage)
Per 1(for quests)
Lightning bolt 2
Staff mastery 4(for damage)
Mana surge 2(for arcanist)
Arcanist 3(for variety of using staffs)

Trace Da Cruz

Well my newbie warrior cleric run ended in an utter failure... So now i am playing as a mage. I am level 11 already and below are my traits and skills. I've heard that mages are really complex classes, so i need a lot of help. Right now i cannot decide between a summoner, or... the other one.

Traits:

STR 0
END 3
AGI 2(3)
INT
AWA 2
PER 2

Skills:

Lightning Bolt II
Fireball II
Ice Storm II
Mage Armour III
Staff Mastery II
Mana Surge II

Also, my goal is to get the best defense and mana, since i donot think DPS would be very helpful for this class.(If it is, then i am so relieved posted this before i went and did something incredibly stupid.)
What do you mean an utter failure? I have an almost similar build, only I decided to join the church and learn Battle prayer,
it's too bad not being able to learn heavy hand or duel but Arbenos might does the charm...

About mage, I beat the Sewer of Horrors with my bizarre build, but when I decided to reset my skills and learn Vampiryc Blade, things went awry...

Slayyerlol

Wait so what about the spells? Still this is one really cool mage. However, could you share an elementalist type build( I think thats what its called ).
The build that uses the elemental spells, like lightning.
Also, isnt mage armour really important?

Trace Da Cruz

Wait so what about the spells? Still this is one really cool mage. However, could you share an elementalist type build( I think thats what its called ).
The build that uses the elemental spells, like lightning.
Also, isnt mage armour really important?
Mage armour can be important, however I decided not to use it, taking a full offensive instead, with the staff of impact, First Winter, and a fire staff, for trolls and werewolves, wearing mostly the Undermother's hide, and learning Body development as my only defense, -aside of my companion. But to be honest, I played in casual mode, and is my only mage.

Slayyerlol

I donot know if body developement is better than mage armour. It is a slightly bigger investment, but you get +21 armour, and +30 resists to fire, shock, and ice. And as an elementalist mage, its all about killing before you get killed. So mage armour III should be fine.

Another thing, why the STR 4? STR is pretty useless for a mage, isn't it?

Last edited:

Trace Da Cruz

Well, yes, I just wanted to make something different, Body development just help you to stay a little longer, anyway, in early levels I had Lightning Bolt to kill the mobs attacking Griss, Or Hirge. It was a very early gameplay and I don't remember too well, only that I dropped Lightning Bolt for Disintegration and that I boosted damage the most possible, as you can see I have 8 agi, 8 int and 6 awa, and end 6 for a little tanking.

Slayyerlol

Aah, yes. Was it easy for you to complete the ark though? Without relying on the elemental spells at all, i think the your mage could last a lot longer, and would also be able to use arcane V weapons. However, the lack of elemental spell damage could also mean the robots would be harder to defeat. Then again, you have a tesla rod. But what if we cannot find it? I suppose each build is better in its own way.

Other than that, i think your traits are really solid. Great coverage.

Last edited: